• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining the origin of gold and silver in early US coins
2 2

68 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, RWB said:

Indoor cats can be comforting pets. Outside, all should be destroyed....just like any other invasive and harmful species. Think Japanese beetles, "frankenfish," pythons in Florida, on and on....

The gentleman prefers the common a-s-s, which he can find in any highly reflective surface. 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:40 AM, VKurtB said:

The gentleman prefers the common a-s-s, which he can find in any highly reflective surface. 

...is that the common bray or the common braaap, im a bit confused n i dont want QA correcting me....

On 7/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, zadok said:

...is that the common bray or the common braaap, im a bit confused n i dont want QA correcting me....

It’s whichever has the most foul odor. 

On 7/20/2022 at 12:47 PM, VKurtB said:

It’s whichever has the most foul odor. 

...me thinks we r getting pretty far afield from any gold or silver...i think ill go back to the sluice box before i get into trouble....

On 7/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, zadok said:

...me thinks we r getting pretty far afield from any gold or silver...i think ill go back to the sluice box before i get into trouble....

They were used to haul 1933 Double Eagles to the melting furnace. Better?

On 7/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, Oldhoopster said:

Apparently SOMEONE is funding the research somewhere.

Usually when I run into someone doing this type of research they are doing it on their own and they either work for a University or lab and have access to the equipment through their work and they have their employers permission to utilize the equipment on their own time.  So their cost is minimal, but they don't or wouldn't have the access to the type or number of pieces that would be needed for the type of research Roger is suggesting.

Edited by Conder101

On 7/22/2022 at 2:57 AM, Conder101 said:

Unusually when I run into someone doing this type of research they are doing it on their own and they either work for a University or lab and have access to the equipment through their work and they have their employers permission to utilize the equipment on their own time.  So their cost is minimal, but they don't or wouldn't have the access to the type or number of pieces that would be needed for the type of research Roger is suggesting.

Maybe a gold confiscation? Would that provide enough pieces? I mean heck, if we’re going to go all Marxist, why stop with the TPGS?

Edited by VKurtB