• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround time

10 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

Just a quick question.  I have sent 10 coins to be graded.  Site says it was opened on 1/11/22.  They are still in the "grading/quality control" process.  Turnaround time looks like should take 30 days or so.  It has been close to 2 and half months.  Is this normal or should I be contacting someone to check on them.  Have a great day!

On 9/17/2022 at 8:33 PM, Bignubnumismatics said:

For economy its been 2-3 months, standard has been about a month, however, they have been a bit slow opening the packages (~2-3 weeks).

I agree.  The time from when they receive it and open it has been steadily increasing the last 2 months.    Fortunately, not as bad as January, mine was almost a month before they opened it.

Just wait till they "Ship" it back to you - that's when the skrew job goes full tilt.
You will have to be at home all day, till fedex gets around to 'delivery'. ngc doesn't allow them to hold it at the office for you to pick up. So, if you have a job you'll have to take time off from work.

Of course ngc doesn't tell you about that. And then you get the shaft from their Disgraceful Customer Disservice Department. The Worst Ever. I don't know how they get away with it.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:49 AM, DeVryGuy said:

Just wait till they "Ship" it back to you - that's when the skrew job goes full tilt. slope game
You will have to be at home all day, till fedex gets around to 'delivery'. ngc doesn't allow them to hold it at the office for you to pick up. So, if you have a job you'll have to take time off from work.

Of course ngc doesn't tell you about that. And then you get the shaft from their Disgraceful Customer Disservice Department. The Worst Ever. I don't know how they get away with it.

I have the same issues. 

I had same issue.    There's no way to plan out if somebody will be home to sign for anything when you're waiting a month and a half to get your stuff back.   Mine went out for delivery on a Friday.    I was at work when I got the Ring notification at 9:30.   FedEx at the door.   I talked to the guy over it and asked if he could come back at a later time and said he'd try back at that time as he was around all day.    I left a little early and booked it to try to get home to catch him.   

He supposedly stopped by at 4 (even though Ring didn't go off) and I got back at 4:10 that day so I missed him.     Re-scheduled for delivery on Saturday.   That resulted in cancelled plans for Saturday because there's no delivery window!    Could be 8:30 a.m..   Could be 4 p.m.  Who knows but don't spend too much time in the bathroom or make a trip to grocery store because you might miss them.     Anybody with a package to sign for should be able to track the FedEx vehicle it is in on an app and have an approximate 3 hr window of time at the bare minimum. 

I feel your pain! That said, you can set up an UPS account very easily and have the item delivered to a retail store close to you if you are not available. I also sign for the package electronically and ask that the package be left by the front door. But, we live in a gated community which means there are multiple items left each day for nearly everyone and there is little theft.

Bottom line for me: take control of the situation, if possible, and don't rely on NGC to ship at your convenience.