• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here we go again with the new Morgans and Peace dollars.
2 2

50 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2022 at 7:59 PM, VKurtB said:

Same with CC privies, or are they hanging in there higher?

I honestly didn’t even stop to see his prices. I have no interest in them. Give me the original, even in a common date any day. 

On 3/14/2022 at 11:16 PM, Lem E said:

Seems like after the initial release hype and inflated prices at the start, these fall in line with ASEs price wise. I agree they seem to settle into their normal price range and stay put. Same with ASEs. They are basically the same thing. Collector bullion. I don’t feel that any of the new Morgans or Peace dollars are quite on par with the 2019 S ASE. There is no particular Morgan that has a lower mintage than the other by a significant amount. I feel like these will be on par with ASE pricing if the series continues.

2019-S ASEs didn't come down to regular ASEs, what makes you think these coins will ?  They're trading below the price of 2019-S's but way above regular business or proof strike ASEs of recent years.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:35 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

2019-S ASEs didn't come down to regular ASEs, what makes you think these coins will ?  They're trading below the price of 2019-S's but way above regular business or proof strike ASEs of recent years.

Are we talking 2019 S Reverse proof or regular proof?

On 3/15/2022 at 12:41 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

The reverse, I guess.....the one selling for high-3 figure and low-4 figure prices.

Ok thats the one I thought you were referring to, and that’s why I said the Morgans and those don’t compare simply because of the mintage difference. 

On 3/15/2022 at 2:08 AM, Lem E said:

Ok thats the one I thought you were referring to, and that’s why I said the Morgans and those don’t compare simply because of the mintage difference. 

Demand is up even if the mintage/supply is too compared to earlier special coins like the 2019-S....you have all these new Keyboard Kollectors who have $$$ and these coins are still way more affordable than more expensive coins and gold ones.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:28 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Demand is up even if the mintage/supply is too compared to earlier special coins like the 2019-S....you have all these new Keyboard Kollectors who have $$$ and these coins are still way more affordable than more expensive coins and gold ones.

The mint will keep cranking them out and they will sell. No doubt about it.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:42 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Graded MS 69s are going in and around the $100 range at auctions. I'm just going to wait for the MS 70s to drop and buy the ones I want in holders later . They will still look the same as they do now. Unless they milk spot like ASE's LoL

Thats what im waiting on. Prob just try to work on a set of ungraded ones eventually. And if I dont get any I wont lose no sleep. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Comparison of these critters with Morgans is not very helpful. What should be compared are the quantities of BU pieces of each, then you are comparing roughly equivalent items.

I bought one of each of the 6 2021 coins from the mint, likely wouldn't buy more Morgans but would consider a set of high relief Peace dollars.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:00 PM, gmarguli said:

Don't blame the flippers. It's all on the buyers. If they wouldn't pay stupid prices, flippers wouldn't flip. 

People must love the designs or they think they are going to be able to sell them for more $$$.

People get sucked in at tops -- coins, baseball cards, the stock market, ARK ETF Funds, etc. -- and these Peace and Morgan issues are no different.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Why would the Mint have a problem getting silver blanks/rounds ?

There aren't that many places that produce the planchets, and they are making them for mints all over the world.  They get overwhelmed by demand, and they may still be shorthanded due to covid.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:15 AM, Conder101 said:

There aren't that many places that produce the planchets, and they are making them for mints all over the world.  They get overwhelmed by demand, and they may still be shorthanded due to covid.

Yes, but the Mint just has to outbid others for those planchets. The Mint could easily pay 50c more per planchet and pass that cost on to the consumer. It's pretty clear that people would pay 50c more for one of these coins. 

Or they could reduce the number of bullion SAE they make and shift those planchets over to the Morgan/Peace series. 

Part of the problem is that the planchet manufacturers want to keep ALL of their clients happy, so when they get swamped and can't keep up with production they ration planchets to all of their clients.  No one gets all they want, but no one gets shut out either.