• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DDO 1990-D NICKEL. I wish I was joking

36 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, Just Bob said:

Even though you didn't say this was a "guess the grade," I'm going to toss my opinion out there. I think the nickel will come back as a 66, maybe a 67, no cameo.

Here's another pic to help. Frosty white....and when you rotate it you can get those glass like features. And I researched this nickel for a good minute before submitting. What I discovered was I smoke!!!! The top dog I mean smoke the dude on the Reverse side. He doesn't have Full-Steps, I do, he has die buffing in the field areas, so, is a 66 possible, yes, but so is a 68, if I'm going off of what has been submitted of course.

20220301_200443.jpg

On 3/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, Just Bob said:

Even though you didn't say this was a "guess the grade," I'm going to toss my opinion out there. I think the nickel will come back as a 66, maybe a 67, no cameo.

Lastly.... Here's another photo of a MS67 from PCGS, but with the all white background too. A 68 would be great and the ONLY REASON I GIVE IT a low 68 is because the Reverse side on my Nickel matches or is a little better than what PCGS has listed

Screenshot_20220310-123158_CoinFacts.jpg

On 3/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Just Bob said:

I agree with Bob and it has a hard hit on the steps not sure if it will pass as FS

On 3/10/2022 at 2:19 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I agree with Bob and it has a hard hit on the steps not sure if it will pass as FS

It’s SMS. FS doesn’t apply. Atleast I don’t think so does it? I’ve never heard it be a factor. 

Edited by Woods020

On 3/10/2022 at 11:29 PM, Woods020 said:

It’s SMS. FS doesn’t apply. Atleast I don’t think so does it? I’ve never heard it be a factor. 

Good point Woods. TPG have FS listings for 65,66,and 67 so that would be regular strike coins. We know they do not FS proofs and a SMS is not a proof but the TPG may grade the FS and FB as that way on a SMS coins?