• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What updates would you like to see in the NGC Registry?
1 1

46 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Thanks for your input!  :golfclap:

***Collection Manager/inventory management/reporting are already on our list!***

Hello Ali, 

I just submitted a "Request Score Correction" for a 1986 £1 coin in the "Great Britain - 1986 Proof Set", and I thought it would be nice if there was a place on that request page for the collector to add a comment.  Maybe the collector might see things a certain way and that's why they are asking for the point change, and a comment box would allow them to add that thought to the consideration. 

Thanks,

Brett

• Administrator
On 3/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

I just submitted a "Request Score Correction" for a 1986 £1 coin in the "Great Britain - 1986 Proof Set", and I thought it would be nice if there was a place on that request page for the collector to add a comment.  Maybe the collector might see things a certain way and that's why they are asking for the point change, and a comment box would allow them to add that thought to the consideration. 

Thanks,

Brett

Hi, Brett. Thanks for the input. There was a text box previously, and it was actually removed. We received a large number of requests and comments that were not score-related. We are trying to streamline the on-line automated processing. We did receive the email that you also sent about these scores.

At this point, we really need to get around to establishing a "type" designation for the the "Narrow Reeds" $5 Gold American Eagle coins. It truly is a mint error of such proportions that it deserves to be a type. Where do we go to lobby for that?

I really wish that PCGS graded coins would be allowed in competitive world sets as they are in US sets.  One of my very best sovereigns (1865 MS62) is locked out, so I'm forced to make a custom set instead in order to display it.  

1865 Sov obv.jpg

Edited by Cozdred

• Administrator
On 3/25/2022 at 12:13 PM, On Eagles Wings said:

At this point, we really need to get around to establishing a "type" designation for the the "Narrow Reeds" $5 Gold American Eagle coins. It truly is a mint error of such proportions that it deserves to be a type. Where do we go to lobby for that?

Hello. All questions or comments about how we attribute our coins should go to Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com. Thank you.

When I am logged into NGC and view any of my Competitive Sets, the Views count does not increase.

Perfect!

However, if I am logged into NGC and view my one and only Custom Set, the Views count increases each time I view it, even though I am logged in.

Would like the NGC Registry to change the Views "counter" for Custom Sets to not update the number of Views each time the logged in owner of a Custom Set views their own set.

In this way, modifications to an owner's Custom Sets will not artificially skew upward the Views counts.  If there are views of any of my Registry Sets, Competitive or Custom, I'd like to feel confident that the views are from others, and not from myself.

• Administrator
On 4/15/2022 at 4:45 PM, Severus9 said:

It feels like NGC doesn’t care about its ancient collectors 😢

Severus9, we appreciate your support of the NGC Registry. The senior team has had many discussions over the years about potential competitive NGC Registry sets for ancients. Due to their rarity, their unique nature and highly subjective values, it is extremely difficult to fairly value one coin against another and to require collectors to obtain certain types to complete a competitive set. As such, we recommend Custom Sets which are also eligible for annual awards. Thank you.

On 3/2/2022 at 4:41 PM, Ali E. said:

Thanks for your input!  :golfclap:

***Collection Manager/inventory management/reporting are already on our list!***

Allowance of error coins.. Some are graded very high I.E. PF-69 Ultra Cameos and I personally own a Proof 70 error coin..

Edited by Errorists

I would like to see a replacement for the #8 slot in the Jefferson war nickel w/ variety set. It currently lists a 1943 P/P VP-010 yet states that there is no coin for that slot. Only 1 is in the census. How about the 1943 S/S VP-004 of which there are 3 in the census, or the 1944 D/D VP-002 of which there are 13 in the census. Replacing the 1943 P/P would give us a chance at completing the set. I'm not there yet but it would be something to strive for.

Just a thought.

• Administrator
On 4/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, Errorists said:

Allowance of error coins.. Some are graded very high I.E. PF-69 Ultra Cameos and I personally own a Proof 70 error coin..

Hello. Thank you for your interest. Coins designated/labeled as "MINT ERROR" are not eligible for competitive NGC Registry sets.  When our graders (or PCGS graders) designate something as a MINT ERROR, as a rule, these are ineligible for the NGC Registry. Each piece is rare in its own way. Mint errors are unique, and prices can vary greatly and are highly subjective. Therefore, to allow them in the NGC Competitive Registry would be unfair practice.

The exception to this rule is the US Presidential Dollar - Edge Lettering error NGC Registry set; these coins are more common and are similar; as such, we can assign them a competitive registry score and require others to obtain similar coins to fill their registry set. Therefore, competitive sets for these PEL error coins are the exception to the rule. 

You may enter your ME coins into Custom NGC Registry sets, if you wish.

• Administrator

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.

Competitive US NGC Registry set structure is carefully determined by our senior US graders/numismatic team. There is the set without varieties for those who do not wish or cannot afford to attempt to obtain examples of all varieties.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello. Thank you for your interest. Coins designated/labeled as "MINT ERROR" are not eligible for competitive NGC Registry sets.  When our graders (or PCGS graders) designate something as a MINT ERROR, as a rule, these are ineligible for the NGC Registry. Each piece is rare in its own way. Mint errors are unique, and prices can vary greatly and are highly subjective. Therefore, to allow them in the NGC Competitive Registry would be unfair practice.

The exception to this rule is the US Presidential Dollar - Edge Lettering error NGC Registry set; these coins are more common and are similar; as such, we can assign them a competitive registry score and require others to obtain similar coins to fill their registry set. Therefore, competitive sets for these PEL error coins are the exception to the rule. 

You may enter your ME coins into Custom NGC Registry sets, if you wish.

Is there a cost for Custom NGC Registry sets?

On 4/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, and thanks for your feedback.

Competitive US NGC Registry set structure is carefully determined by our senior US graders/numismatic team. There is the set without varieties for those who do not wish or cannot afford to attempt to obtain examples of all varieties.

Hi,

What I was referring to is the #8 slot in the Jefferson war nickel variety set. If that coin is acquired, only 2 are in the census and there are no registry points. Is that intentional?

Thanks, and great topic.

In the China coin listings, there presently exists the following 2 sets:

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Circulation Issue

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Proof

I would like to request also that you add:

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Specimen Coins

Thank you!

Harold

• Administrator
On 4/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, DOONEY'S ULTIMATE CHINA COIN COLLECTION said:

I would like to see a simple way to change the image on ALL competetive sets.  Right now, we have to change each one individually, which takes forever.

Can this be done?

Harold

Hello, Harold.

If you are referring to the "set" image, then no, there is no functionality for that. If you upload an NGC photo for a specific coin, then you will see it across all sets where that coin lives. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 4/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, Mcpix said:

Hi,

What I was referring to is the #8 slot in the Jefferson war nickel variety set. If that coin is acquired, only 2 are in the census and there are no registry points. Is that intentional?

Thanks, and great topic.

Thanks, McPix. There are no points generated until someone is the first one to add the coin to that set/slot.

• Administrator
On 4/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, DOONEY'S ULTIMATE CHINA COIN COLLECTION said:

In the China coin listings, there presently exists the following 2 sets:

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Circulation Issue

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Proof

I would like to request also that you add:

1-Yuan Commemoratives, 1980-Date, Specimen Coins

Thank you!

Harold

Hello. Please include any relevant NGC cert. numbers you have and post all new set requests on our dedicated thread here:

Thank you, Harold.

• Administrator
On 4/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Errorists said:

Is there a cost for Custom NGC Registry sets?

Hello. Use of the NGC Registry is a complimentary service.

Other than a "blue heart” from Ali E. on my post from March 28 of this thread, has NGC changed the Views “counter” for Custom Sets to not update the number of Views each time the logged in owner views their own Custom Sets?  (I’ve not visited my Custom Set since I posted in this thread, while awaiting a response — yea or nay — and especially after being encouraged by the “blue heart.”)

Meanwhile, just this morning, I noticed that Gary Colon created/modified his American Women Quarters 2022-2025 Custom Set on 04/29/2022 and the Views on his set show “0.”

What gives?

• Administrator

Hello. We have been notified that the view count on your custom set was resolved. Please let us know if you have further issues. A set will show zero views when it is first created. View count also may not update until our daily software update runs in the evenings. Thank you.

Ali, please define what was resolved, and how so?

Simple Question:  Today, 05/02/22, and going forward in time, if an NGG member is logged in and views his/her Custom set(s), will the viewing(s) by that member, of his/her Custom Set(s), result in an increase of the View count(s) after the "daily software" updates in the evening?  (I feel like I'm pulling teeth, here.)

Previously, before 03/28/22, if a member was logged in and viewed his/her Custom Set(s), the View count for the Custom Set(s) would increase.  Is this no longer the case? (a good thing… foot note Martha Stewart)

Suggested Update to the software:

Recently I gave a link to my Registry Profile to a friend so that he could have a look at my collection. The friend was neither a great computer user nor a coin collector. To put it bluntly, he did not enjoy the experience. Navigating thru the various Sets was confusing to him. Then when he selected a particular set, the default is set to open in ""all slots""  instead of ""filled"", which added to his discomfort.

I was thinking that it would be nice if we Registry members could generate an access link which we could give to friends which would link them to our list of Competitive Coins.  This makes for a a much easier and more pleasurable experience for them.  And if security is a concern, the links could be set to expire after a period of time.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Harold

USER EXPERIENCE GOES FROM THIS.jpg

I would like to suggest that you do something about the China Japanese Occupation coinage.  NGC grades and labels these coins, but there is nowhere to add our Registry coins.  Here is a suggestion of how to deal with this:

Just a suggestion

Harold

china japanese occupation.PNG

Edited by Harrison's Ultimate China Coin Collection from Dad

On 5/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello. We have been notified that the view count on your custom set was resolved. Please let us know if you have further issues. A set will show zero views when it is first created. View count also may not update until our daily software update runs in the evenings. Thank you.

Ali, I just visited my Custom Set while logged on, my first test of this since the Blue Heart from you was noticed, and it did not update its View(s) count.  So far, so good.

I will inspect the View(s) counter later on today, and even into the evening — without visiting my Custom Set — to give the daily software update a chance to run, and see if all remains well.

Thank you for you help.

Bob