• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World Catalog Status?

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any news of the current status of the publication prospects of those huge Standard Catalog of World Coins volumes? I know there are some intellectual property issues and the Krause Publications demise issues. 
Anyone know where we are now? Are there prospects for new publications?

I have heard nothing about new editions of the Standard Catalogs being published, for all intensive purposes they are dead in the water. My guess is that some sort of online version will be available with a paid subscription. Numismaster currently has all of the catalog listings posted online and they seem to be some sort of continuance of the catalogs but I have seen zero evidence that they are staying current.  https://numismaster.com/coins 

All I know is that new Pick and KM numbers continue to be assigned so someone somewhere is keeping these current. The TPG's? I don't think so but..

On 2/27/2022 at 7:03 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I have heard nothing about new editions of the Standard Catalogs being published, for all intensive purposes they are dead in the water. My guess is that some sort of online version will be available with a paid subscription. Numismaster currently has all of the catalog listings posted online and they seem to be some sort of continuance of the catalogs but I have seen zero evidence that they are staying current.  https://numismaster.com/coins 

All I know is that new Pick and KM numbers continue to be assigned so someone somewhere is keeping these current. The TPG's? I don't think so but..

Geez, that’s HUGE disappointment. I soooooooooo prefer print.