• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Lincoln Cent Horn?

4 posts in this topic

Any ideas what’s up with Lincoln’s hair   on this coin.  Lincoln appears to either have had a bad hair day or a horn coming out of his head.  Is this normal for this die or is Lincoln horny (not trying to be crude)?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

204CAA4F-48B2-40F5-A4CA-0CBC4267B106.jpeg

1312B3C8-AAF0-4820-B4CB-A81E7F96A032.jpeg

D61D251C-15E0-4197-9C8D-21F80DF2C303.jpeg

That is part of the design, perhaps you noticed it due to the die break but normal.   I noticed as I view images for this coin that part of the design is more pronounced on the coins for circulation vs the proofs.   Here is a photo I pulled from ebay of a proof coin, you can see the same design feature just not as strongly separated.

image.png.f5c0fc68f67caa410772c7d372ea7971.png

Greatly appreciated.  Just got in pocket change and noticed it.  Just what the conspiracy theory folks need to fuel threat of an apocalypse, devil/satan on the money.  Again,  Thanks for your help!

Hey Jas.  Welcome to the forum.  Just like @Coinbufmentioned earlier, this hair piece on Lincoln is more pronounced on the circulation strikes than on the proofs.  Die stage/state may have a bit to do with the separation as well in this small design element on Linc's hair.  Here is a normal biz strike example that is not much different than your coin.  You can see the difference in this pic vs. that of what Coinbuf supplied as well as compare to your coin.  

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.55.33 PM.png