• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2010-D Presidential Dollar NGC BU James Buchanan First day of issue

12 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 9:38 PM, The Frost Family Collection said:

Trying to find this for my collection but apparently this grade for Buchanan is hard to find any one want to help me find one ?

Are you wanting it graded as first day or one of the first day of issue mailers the mint did?

2010 James Buchanan $1 First Day Issue Coin Cover (P35) Denver & Philadelphia

Scroll to top

On 2/15/2022 at 11:19 PM, The Frost Family Collection said:

I'm wanting brilliant uncurculated first day off issue like this 

image-0.jpg

I’ll keep an eye out. I’m doing a coin show this weekend and I can see if I see one. 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:23 PM, The Frost Family Collection said:

Would appreciate it trying to buy one for a while now 

No promises. But I’ll see what I can do. I don’t see a lot of those anywhere other than eBay

Welcome Frost Family . There is no grade on this coin just the BU which I think can represent 60 to 63 . Do others in your collection say BU or have a MS the grade. And does it matter if it is graded by someone other than NGC. I am just wondering in case I see something out there. I will post a link here for you?

On 2/16/2022 at 9:15 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

That's cool thanks Mike that explains it better. I was using this reference Not the NGC one. which was the first thing that popped up when I did a search for that .

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/bu-coin-definition-768402#:~:text=Coin Grades,63) on the Sheldon scale.&text=Uncirculated (MS-60%2C MS,as bag marks and scrapes.

Edited by J P Mashoke