• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My long awaited grading was finally finished!
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Did you include the VAM you think this coin is and pay for the variety attribution?    I do not know if there are any VAM's that are looked for without you initiating the process.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:34 PM, Coinbuf said:

Did you include the VAM you think this coin is and pay for the variety attribution?    I do not know if there are any VAM's that are looked for without you initiating the process.

Yes I did attach a note which was acknowledged by Grace in receiving . She called me about it. I said possible VAM 3A. It’s kind of disappointing on that note, but not much I can do at this point. We both saw the markers on  this coin, I know they were there.

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Typo

On 2/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Yes I did attach a note which was acknowledged by Grace in receiving . She called me about it. I said possible VAM 3A. It’s kind of disappointing on that note, but not much I can do at this point. We both saw the markers on  this coin, I know they were there.

Hmmm well after just reviewing the approved list of varieties that NGC will attribute, I do not see VAM 3A on that list for 1887.   So that would explain why your coin came back without the VAM designation on the label.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 2/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, Coinbuf said:

Hmmm well after just reviewing the approved list of varieties that NGC will attribute, I do not see VAM 3A on that list for 1887.   So that would explain why your coin came back without the VAM designation on the label.

Yes, NGC does not accept all VAM’s, only some. Same with any source for varieties. Some people see things that others dismiss as not important. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t go many Wexlers at all.