• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Need a new slot/row added to an existing set? Post here!
15 15

424 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello, Anatoly.

You may add your coin here:

Canada
25 Cents, Elizabeth II, 1953-Date, Specimen Issue.

Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 6/16/2022 at 5:19 AM, Rajesh Kamath said:

Hello Ali

Request you to provide a slot for William 1/2 Rupee Calcutta mint, I have attached a photo of the coin bearing Cert number 5933783-006

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Kamath

Hello, Rajesh.

This coin already lives in these sets. Thank you.

India - British Colony   

Milled Coinage, East India Company, Type Set, 1835-1853, Circulation Issue    slot: 1/2 RUPEE (1835, 1840)
1/2 Rupee, 1835-1840, One Per Date & Mint, Circulation Issue    slot: 1835.(C)
1/2 Rupee, 1835-1840, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties    slot: 1835.(C)

• Administrator
On 6/15/2022 at 3:46 PM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Good afternoon Ali, 

Could you please add a new slot for this coin in the "Great Britain - Tudor Beasts, 2022-Date, Complete (No Gold)" set?

Also, do you know yet when you are going to break this set up into their own individual sets like the Queen's Beasts sets?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Hello, Brett. This coin already has a slot in the set you mention. We have no plans to break out this set as many of these are new, single issues thus far. Thank you.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Brett. This coin already has a slot in the set you mention. We have no plans to break out this set as many of these are new, single issues thus far. Thank you.

Hi Ali,

There is already a slot for the Lion £5 coin?  There is a slot for the silver 2oz Lion but I can't see one for the base metal coin.  If it's really there then I have completely lost my mind.  I will look again, maybe it was just added.

Thanks,

Brett

On 6/17/2022 at 6:42 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Rajesh.

This coin already lives in these sets. Thank you.

India - British Colony   

Milled Coinage, East India Company, Type Set, 1835-1853, Circulation Issue    slot: 1/2 RUPEE (1835, 1840)
1/2 Rupee, 1835-1840, One Per Date & Mint, Circulation Issue    slot: 1835.(C)
1/2 Rupee, 1835-1840, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties    slot: 1835.(C)

Thank you so much Ali

On 6/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, Ali E. said:

Ok, thanks, Scott.

We will make the coin competitive and notify the appropriate people about the census.

Hello Ali.  I appreciate your efforts to rectify this issue. 

I do see that the Census has been updated when line entry 1907/6 G5P moved from "Mexico - 1823 - 1909" over to "Mexico - 1905 To Date".  However, now that this change is done, when do you expect to get points assigned for this date within the Registry?

Just to summarize this part of the request, the Registry set in question is:

NGC coin example: 2877607-012 (MS 63)

As always, thanks for your time and attention to all of our needs involving the NGC Registry.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Scott

Hello Ali.

I would like to see if you could break out an existing slot currently within the following Competitive Registry Set into 3 separate entries.  I am recommending this since 2 of the 3 are VarietyPlus varieties and merit their own entries.  This request is also consistent with several other mint mark entries within this Mint State set as well as the equivalent Proof set.

Competitive Set:

Competitive Set Slot Entry:

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR - OLMEC SERIES

I would like to propose that you create two new slots to represent the various mint mark placement (right or left).  This is consistent with other slots which also has different mint mark placements (right or left).  Keep this generic entry as well since many people may not want to pay the additional charge to get the VarietyPlus attribution.

Possible wording for those new slots which coincidentally is the same as the description used on the Proof equivalent coins of the same variety:

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR MINTMARK LEFT - OLMEC SERIES 

NGC Census Shows 5 coins graded.  This is also a VarietyPlus attribution.

NGC Coin Example: 5973172-005 (MS 68)

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR MINTMARK RIGHT - OLMEC SERIES 

NGC Census shows 1 coin graded, but I know there are more graded within the generic description with no mint mark attribution.  This is also a VarietyPlus attribution.

NGC Coin Example: 2826779-006 (MS 67)

Please let me know if you have any question regarding my request.

Thanks again for everything you do for the Registry community.

Best regards,

Scott

• Administrator
On 6/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Hello Ali.  I appreciate your efforts to rectify this issue. 

I do see that the Census has been updated when line entry 1907/6 G5P moved from "Mexico - 1823 - 1909" over to "Mexico - 1905 To Date".  However, now that this change is done, when do you expect to get points assigned for this date within the Registry?

Just to summarize this part of the request, the Registry set in question is:

NGC coin example: 2877607-012 (MS 63)

As always, thanks for your time and attention to all of our needs involving the NGC Registry.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Scott

Hi, Scott. We have updated the slot. Thank you for letting us know. Have a great holiday weekend!

• Administrator
On 6/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Hello Ali.

I would like to see if you could break out an existing slot currently within the following Competitive Registry Set into 3 separate entries.  I am recommending this since 2 of the 3 are VarietyPlus varieties and merit their own entries.  This request is also consistent with several other mint mark entries within this Mint State set as well as the equivalent Proof set.

Competitive Set:

Competitive Set Slot Entry:

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR - OLMEC SERIES

I would like to propose that you create two new slots to represent the various mint mark placement (right or left).  This is consistent with other slots which also has different mint mark placements (right or left).  Keep this generic entry as well since many people may not want to pay the additional charge to get the VarietyPlus attribution.

Possible wording for those new slots which coincidentally is the same as the description used on the Proof equivalent coins of the same variety:

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR MINTMARK LEFT - OLMEC SERIES 

NGC Census Shows 5 coins graded.  This is also a VarietyPlus attribution.

NGC Coin Example: 5973172-005 (MS 68)

1996MO 1OZ 5 PESOS - HOMBRE JAGUAR MINTMARK RIGHT - OLMEC SERIES 

NGC Census shows 1 coin graded, but I know there are more graded within the generic description with no mint mark attribution.  This is also a VarietyPlus attribution.

NGC Coin Example: 2826779-006 (MS 67)

Please let me know if you have any question regarding my request.

Thanks again for everything you do for the Registry community.

Best regards,

Scott

Hi, Scott.

Thanks for your interest, as always. With only one graded example of MM right, we would not break out separate slots for these varieties at this point. 

On 7/1/2022 at 8:18 AM, Ali E. said:

Hi, Scott.

Thanks for your interest, as always. With only one graded example of MM right, we would not break out separate slots for these varieties at this point. 

Hello Ali.

Thanks for your reply with explanation.  With that said, I would like to make a follow up proposal which I think would be good for NGC, NGC Registry and finally the collectors who participate in the Registry.

Since the MM Right and MM Left require additional VarietyPlus fees to get the attribution, I would like to see if you could go ahead and break out the MM Left variety into its own slot since there are 5 graded coins at this point.  Also, add a slot for the MM Right as well, but note it as "Non-Competitive." Since it appears I have the only graded specimen, then it would simply sit there with no points which is fine with me for now.  This would help highlight both of these mint mark placement varieties which at present hasn't seen a lot of grading action based on the low Census. If they can be seen in the Registry, it might spark an interest by the collecting community to get the VarietyPlus attribution which would also mean more revenue to NGC.

Last recommendation, keep the current "generic" slot for this date and variety since it can take either of these varieties if the collector decides to not pursue VarietyPlus attribution.  The only coins which would move out of this group at present would be the 6 total coins which have the mint mark placement attribution as noted in the latest NGC Census. Two of the six examples were noted with a NGC number in my previous note if you wish to review as a reference.

The last point I would like to make is if you agree to follow my last proposal, it will basically follow what you already have in place for the proof equivalent of these previously mentioned variety (date and MM placement, as well as generic entry). The main difference besides being proof, they have many more coins which have been attributed, according to the Census with the various mint mark placement.  

Please think about my proposal as I think it would be a win-win for NGC, as well as the Registry participants.

Kindest regards,

Scott

On 7/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, SD_MexCoins said:

Hello Ali.

Thanks for your reply with explanation.  With that said, I would like to make a follow up proposal which I think would be good for NGC, NGC Registry and finally the collectors who participate in the Registry.

Since the MM Right and MM Left require additional VarietyPlus fees to get the attribution, I would like to see if you could go ahead and break out the MM Left variety into its own slot since there are 5 graded coins at this point.  Also, add a slot for the MM Right as well, but note it as "Non-Competitive." Since it appears I have the only graded specimen, then it would simply sit there with no points which is fine with me for now.  This would help highlight both of these mint mark placement varieties which at present hasn't seen a lot of grading action based on the low Census. If they can be seen in the Registry, it might spark an interest by the collecting community to get the VarietyPlus attribution which would also mean more revenue to NGC.

Last recommendation, keep the current "generic" slot for this date and variety since it can take either of these varieties if the collector decides to not pursue VarietyPlus attribution.  The only coins which would move out of this group at present would be the 6 total coins which have the mint mark placement attribution as noted in the latest NGC Census. Two of the six examples were noted with a NGC number in my previous note if you wish to review as a reference.

The last point I would like to make is if you agree to follow my last proposal, it will basically follow what you already have in place for the proof equivalent of these previously mentioned variety (date and MM placement, as well as generic entry). The main difference besides being proof, they have many more coins which have been attributed, according to the Census with the various mint mark placement.  

Please think about my proposal as I think it would be a win-win for NGC, as well as the Registry participants.

Kindest regards,

Scott

Thanks Ali!  I appreciate all that you do in support of the Registry community!

Hello Ali, 

Could you please add this coin to my "Alderney - 2 Pounds, Copper-Nickel, 1989-Date, Circulation Issue" set?  

NGC mislabeled it as silver when it was graded, so I sent it back in for a label correction.  I received yesterday and I tried to add it to my set and it was rejected because "it is a silver coin".  No it is not and as you can see the label has been corrected.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.  

Have a great day,

Brett

Screenshot_20220706-184256_NGC.jpg

• Administrator
On 7/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

Could you please add this coin to my "Alderney - 2 Pounds, Copper-Nickel, 1989-Date, Circulation Issue" set?  

NGC mislabeled it as silver when it was graded, so I sent it back in for a label correction.  I received yesterday and I tried to add it to my set and it was rejected because "it is a silver coin".  No it is not and as you can see the label has been corrected.

Thank you very much for your assistance with this.  

Have a great day,

Brett

Hi, Brett.

Our apologies. When a coin gets a label change in the grading screen, the change does not automatically appear in the NGC Registry. An admin. has to do what is called a "RELOOKUP" in the NGC Registry for the updated information to appear. I have done that and added your coin to your set for you. Thanks for your patience, and have a good day. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/283178/?page=1

Hello Ali, 

So, I received my latest submission order today and I tried adding this coin to my "Great Britain - Five Pence, Elizabeth II, 1971-Date, Proof Issue" set.  It was rejected.  They are going off of a picture you guys have in the system that has the wrong coin, a 10 Pence coin, in this 5 Pence holder.  If you look up the coin that has the number 2881282-032 you will see that it has all the right information on the label but the wrong coin in the holder.  And as you can see the coin that was shipped to me is the correct label AND the correct coin.

I think what they did was put the 10 Pence coin in the 5 Pence holder and then took a picture of it and then realized they screwed up and then opened it up and put the correct coin, 5 Pence, in before shipping it to me.  But then they never took another picture to correct the one in your system. 

If you look up the number 2881282-033 you can see the 10 Pence coin that is also correctly labeled and mounted.

I am averaging 1 or 2 mislabeled coins per order.  I have already sent in two batches of "mechanical errors" and I have 4 more coins that need to be returned for label corrections.  Now I see that the submission that just finalized also has a mislabeled coin in there too.  I'm having a tough time trying to keep up with all the errors. 

I have seen all kinds of missteps from NGC in the last few years, but I can say that putting the same coin in two different holders and taking pictures is a new one to me.

Please let me know what you find out with this cluster. 

Thank you as always, 

Brett

Picture #1 - the 5 pence coin that was shipped to me (correct label AND coin)

Picture #2 - the 10 Pence coin that was shipped to me (correct label AND coin)

Picture #3 - the picture that is in your system.  10 Pence coin in the 5 Pence holder.

20220711_154635.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-171708_NGC.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-171658_NGC.jpg

Sorry, first time asking for a coin to be added, so I don’t know what I’m doing.
I just got this coin and want to add it to my “Half Dollar Type Set”

2021 P United States 50C
NGC MS 68
6317102-004

Competitive Sets > Type Sets > Half Dollar Type Set
The slot “50c KENNEDY, CLAD 1971-“ has MS coins from most years (like “2022-P”) but it doesn’t have the 2021, could that be added?

Edit: I found these instructions on how to add a coin to an existing slot - and tried that way to request:

Edited by Tarmack

• Administrator
On 7/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

So, I received my latest submission order today and I tried adding this coin to my "Great Britain - Five Pence, Elizabeth II, 1971-Date, Proof Issue" set.  It was rejected.  They are going off of a picture you guys have in the system that has the wrong coin, a 10 Pence coin, in this 5 Pence holder.  If you look up the coin that has the number 2881282-032 you will see that it has all the right information on the label but the wrong coin in the holder.  And as you can see the coin that was shipped to me is the correct label AND the correct coin.

I think what they did was put the 10 Pence coin in the 5 Pence holder and then took a picture of it and then realized they screwed up and then opened it up and put the correct coin, 5 Pence, in before shipping it to me.  But then they never took another picture to correct the one in your system. 

If you look up the number 2881282-033 you can see the 10 Pence coin that is also correctly labeled and mounted.

I am averaging 1 or 2 mislabeled coins per order.  I have already sent in two batches of "mechanical errors" and I have 4 more coins that need to be returned for label corrections.  Now I see that the submission that just finalized also has a mislabeled coin in there too.  I'm having a tough time trying to keep up with all the errors. 

I have seen all kinds of missteps from NGC in the last few years, but I can say that putting the same coin in two different holders and taking pictures is a new one to me.

Thank you as always, 

Brett

Picture #3 - the picture that is in your system.  10 Pence coin in the 5 Pence holder.

20220711_154635.jpg

On 7/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, THE WELSH DRAGON said:

Hello Ali, 

Thank you as always, 

Brett

Picture #3 - the picture that is in your system.  10 Pence coin in the 5 Pence holder

Hi, Brett.

You have our sincere apologies. When a coin is re-holdered and receives a new description in the grading screen, the NGC Registry does not automatically reflect the changes. An admin has to do a "RELOOKUP" to force the registry program to look at the grading database and pull in the new information. I have just done that for 2881282-032. It now appears correctly in the NGC Registry. I will put the rest of your information in an email to Customer Service, as they handle all submission questions and concerns. I will include you on the email. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 11:48 PM, Tarmack said:

Sorry, first time asking for a coin to be added, so I don’t know what I’m doing.
I just got this coin and want to add it to my “Half Dollar Type Set”

2021 P United States 50C
NGC MS 68
6317102-004

Competitive Sets > Type Sets > Half Dollar Type Set
The slot “50c KENNEDY, CLAD 1971-“ has MS coins from most years (like “2022-P”) but it doesn’t have the 2021, could that be added?

Edit: I found these instructions on how to add a coin to an existing slot - and tried that way to request:

Hello. You followed the directions perfectly, and the coin is in your set. Thanks very much, and please let us know when we may assist next.

Hello!

The "Gold 10 Euros, Commemorative Issues, 2002-Date, Proof" set for France misses some gold coins minted after 2015. Any plans to add those to the set?

Thanks!

• Administrator
On 7/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, vldmcl said:

Hello!

The "Gold 10 Euros, Commemorative Issues, 2002-Date, Proof" set for France misses some gold coins minted after 2015. Any plans to add those to the set?

Thanks!

Hello.

Please provide your NGC certification numbers. We would be happy to add any slots that are appropriate for this set. Thanks very much.

Hello Ali.

Please add a new slot to the following Competitive Registry set.  

Competitive Registry Set:

Coin Slot:

50 Centavos - 7th Bust

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #5787096-028 (MS 64).  Based on the NGC Census, I see two separate lines that are listed for this variety.  Between the two entries, a total of 11 coins have been graded.

Coin Slot:

1 Peso - 3rd Bust

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #5787096-029 (MS 64).  Based on the NGC Census, I was not able to see any other graded examples to include this coin.  It could be that the Census has not yet been updated to include this coin.  Assuming it is the only specimen, could you add it as follows:

1 Peso - 3rd Bust (NON-COMPETITIVE; FOR DISPLAY ONLY) 

Thanks for your consideration in putting this variety into the Registry Set which should also help provide visibility to other collectors of this series which should lead to other coins being graded and attributed with this bust variety.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Scott

Hello Ali.

This request involves a new slot request, as well as a little bit of "house cleaning" with an existing entry since it may be confusing if left unchanged to the following Competitive Registry set.  

Competitive Registry Set:

New Coin Slot:

2 PESOS - 7th BUST - 2 WITH OUTLINE

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #2850036-012 (MS 61).  Based on the NGC Census, I see 6 coins have been graded and this coin appears to map within that group.

Modification to an Existing Coin Slot:

As for the house cleaning part of my request.  There is a corresponding entry within the same Registry set which is currently labeled as follows.

2 PESOS - 2 WITH OUTLINE 

This entry should be renamed to further distinguish this entry which is entirely different that the previous entry mentioned above since it has a different obverse and bust type.  This entry should be relabeled as such:

2 PESOS - 5th BUST - 2 WITH OUTLINE

NGC #2850036-003 (MS 64+) is a good example of a coin which currently maps into this slot and will still do so after it is renamed.

By adding the first entry involving the 7th Bust variety and slightly changing the description with last request for the 5th Bust variety should help clarify and distinguish the two entries since they are entirely different varieties.

Thanks for your consideration in putting the variety first mentioned into the Registry Set, as well as renaming the entry with my second request since both of these, if accepted, should help provide clarity between both varieties to other collectors of this series.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Scott