• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Need a new slot/row added to an existing set? Post here!
17 17

434 posts in this topic

Not sure where to post this.  I recently acquired an NGC graded Australian sovereign that is an ultra-rare variety, "1888M AUSTRALIA 1SOV S-3867A D:G: FAR".  Marsh R4, less than 20 thought to exist.  But the system would not let me add this to any set.  So I clicked on the "Add Coin to Sets" button, and filled everything out down to what sets to add the coin to. There are actually 6 current sets that this would fit in. One set was listed, and there was a box to type in the name of one of my other sets. I chose 

I then submitted the request.  But when I went back to look at my set, it was partially wiped out!!  Three slots for which I previously had coins listed were now blank, and it said I have no eligible coins!  This is a MASSIVE ERROR!!!!

Who do I report this to, and how do I get it corrected?

Hello Ali.

Please add a new slot to the following Competitive Registry set.  I believe this to be the most appropriate set.

Competitive Registry Set:

Coin Slot:

2020 Animal Champions Great White Shark S$1

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #2877557-004 (MS 69 Antiqued).  

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Scott

Hello Ali.

Please add a new slot to the following Competitive Registry set.  I believe this to be the most appropriate set.

Competitive Registry Set:

Coin Slot:

2010 Sphyrna Lewini Colorized Marine Life Protection S$5

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #2877557-009 (PF 70 Ultra Cameo).  

Regards,

Scott

• Administrator
On 5/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, Cozdred said:

Not sure where to post this.  I recently acquired an NGC graded Australian sovereign that is an ultra-rare variety, "1888M AUSTRALIA 1SOV S-3867A D:G: FAR".  Marsh R4, less than 20 thought to exist.  But the system would not let me add this to any set.  So I clicked on the "Add Coin to Sets" button, and filled everything out down to what sets to add the coin to. There are actually 6 current sets that this would fit in. One set was listed, and there was a box to type in the name of one of my other sets. I chose 

I then submitted the request.  But when I went back to look at my set, it was partially wiped out!!  Three slots for which I previously had coins listed were now blank, and it said I have no eligible coins!  This is a MASSIVE ERROR!!!!

Hello.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues. If you click on the HISTORY button of your set, it will show the changes that you made to your set. It looks like you made some changes in the past week. https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/386693/

If you need assistance, please email us at registry@NGCcoin.com. We are happy to help.

Hi Ali

Please can you add slots for these coins to the competitive sets?

Great Britain Silver Proof 50p

2015 G.britain Great Britain S50P 4TH PORTRAIT - 6320705-017
2022 G.britain Great Britain S50P QE II Platinum Jubilee Coronation Obverse - 6320707-009

Great Britain Piedfort Silver Proof 50p

2021 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S50P Insulin Discovery 100th Anniversary - 6319555-017
2022 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S50P QE II Platinum Jubilee Jody Clark Obverse (Not Coronation Obverse) - 6320705-001
2022 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S50P Commonwealth Games - 6320705-010

Great Britain Silver Proof £1

2020 G.britain Great Britain S1PND VE Day - 6318822-018
2015 G.britain Great Britain S1PND 4TH PORTRAIT - 6320707-013

Great Britain Piedfort Silver Proof £1

2011 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S1PND Edinburgh - 6320707-018

Great Britain Silver Proof £2

2021 G.britain Great Britain S2PND Mahatma Gandhi - 6319555-024
2015 GILT G.britain Great Britain S2PND TECHNOLOGY ACHIEVEMENT - 6320705-020

Great Britain Piedfort Silver Proof £2

2022 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S2PND Alexander Graham Bell Gilt - 6320705-004
2022 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S2PND Dame Vera Lynn Gilt - 6320705-006

Great Britain Piedfort Silver Proof £5

2022 Piefort G.britain Great Britain S5PND QE II Platinum Jubilee (Not Coronation Obverse) - 6320705-008

Many thanks
Dominic

Hello,

I'm a new collector (yes you are sighing now) and I'm curious about the Australia>Australia Lunar>Silver Dollars, Series One and Two, 1999-2019, Mint State competitive set. I am just wondering why wouldn't that set be modified to be all three series which would then include 2020, 2021, and 2022 coins? 

I'm also wondering why gold gilded, colorized, and privy coins, etc., don't have their own unique competitive sets. Instead they seem all mixed together.

Thank you,

Chris

• Administrator
On 6/6/2022 at 9:58 AM, Werewolves Revenge AG Immunity said:

Hello,

I'm a new collector (yes you are sighing now) and I'm curious about the Australia>Australia Lunar>Silver Dollars, Series One and Two, 1999-2019, Mint State competitive set. I am just wondering why wouldn't that set be modified to be all three series which would then include 2020, 2021, and 2022 coins? 

I'm also wondering why gold gilded, colorized, and privy coins, etc., don't have their own unique competitive sets. Instead they seem all mixed together.

Thank you,

Chris

Hello, Chris. We are working on streamlining the lunar sets. The three years you mention are actually part of Series II. We added those to the set you mention and amended the dates. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 5/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, Cozdred said:

Hello. If you are still having issues, please send us an email with your NGC certification number to registry@NGCcoin.com. We are happy to help. Thank you.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:28 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Chris. We are working on streamlining the lunar sets. The three years you mention are actually part of Series II. We added those to the set you mention and amended the dates. Thank you.

Thank you so much Ali! I now see the additional three slots. That makes more sense. Another interesting question.....I see that the "Australia Lunar Silver Dollar Set" is mostly comprised of coins minted by/from the Perth Mint. However, it would seem that the Royal Australian Mint also mints silver dollar coins for lunar. As a new collector this can be a bit confusing in relation to the registry. Technically, these coins are also minted in Australia and thus it would make sense to add those coins to this competitive set. To date, however, it seems like only the 2017 rooster is added. Perhaps other years mintages from the Royal Australian Mint are not $1 coins? I'm not sure. With this being said has NGC considered, that moving forward when they grade coins the label on the slab would denote the place of minting to provide such distinction?

Thank you again for your work and your time. I am really enjoying the atmosphere of collecting these well designed coins!

• Administrator
On 6/7/2022 at 10:00 AM, Werewolves Revenge AG Immunity said:

Thank you so much Ali! I now see the additional three slots. That makes more sense. Another interesting question.....I see that the "Australia Lunar Silver Dollar Set" is mostly comprised of coins minted by/from the Perth Mint. However, it would seem that the Royal Australian Mint also mints silver dollar coins for lunar. As a new collector this can be a bit confusing in relation to the registry. Technically, these coins are also minted in Australia and thus it would make sense to add those coins to this competitive set. To date, however, it seems like only the 2017 rooster is added. Perhaps other years mintages from the Royal Australian Mint are not $1 coins? I'm not sure. With this being said has NGC considered, that moving forward when they grade coins the label on the slab would denote the place of minting to provide such distinction?

Thank you again for your work and your time. I am really enjoying the atmosphere of collecting these well designed coins!

Thank you for your support, Werewolves.

We appreciate it. For labeling questions, please contact Customer Service at service@NGcoin.com or at 1-800-642-2646. We have sets for Perth and RAM coins. For a series where there are not 12 issues (the complete lunar cycle) from each mint, we combine them. Thank very much.

Need the following slots added to the registry

Japan silver 1000 yen 2002 to date

Cert 2880529-001 R1 2019 Judo

Cert 2880529-002 R1 Gymnastics

Cert 2880529-007 R2 Tennis Tokyo Paralympics 

For some reason I am not able to load the below coins to my competitive coins.  When I try it says coins are already competing in this set but the registry shows no coins for these slots.  Tried to delete them and then reenter them but that did work either.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, Ali E. said:

Thank you for your support, Werewolves.

We appreciate it. For labeling questions, please contact Customer Service at service@NGcoin.com or at 1-800-642-2646. We have sets for Perth and RAM coins. For a series where there are not 12 issues (the complete lunar cycle) from each mint, we combine them. Thank very much.

Hi Ali,

I think I see an overall problem with the $1 Australia Lunar 1 oz silver competitive set. There are a few coin slots that are named confusingly, or, incorrectly. As a new collector it makes it very confusing. I have attached a pic of what I would consider adding/removing. Red/remove, Green add1631549185_LunarSeriesCorrectListings.jpg.5dd569d7acab42b05f6c3fd696e5aea3.jpg

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, Ali E. said:

If an NGC Admin "likes"  <3  your post, it means we received your request! Thank you.

:takeit:

On 6/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, PKF said:

On 6/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, PKF said:

Sorry, year is 2015

or some reason I am not able to load the below coins to my competitive coins.  When I try it says coins are already competing in this set but the registry shows no coins for these slots.  Tried to delete them and then reenter them but that did work either.

• Administrator
On 6/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, PKF said:

Sorry, year is 2015

Hello and thanks for your interest. The 2015 W Burnished Chicago ANA is not part of the NGC census and therefore would not earn a separate slot in the variety set. 

Silver Eagles (1986-Date) | Coin Census Population Report | NGC (ngccoin.com)

• Administrator
On 6/9/2022 at 1:37 PM, Werewolves Revenge AG Immunity said:

Hi Ali,

I think I see an overall problem with the $1 Australia Lunar 1 oz silver competitive set. There are a few coin slots that are named confusingly, or, incorrectly. As a new collector it makes it very confusing. I have attached a pic of what I would consider adding/removing. Red/remove, Green add

Hello, and thanks for your interest. The lunar series/sets are structured according to a 12-year lunar cycle. If you prefer a different structure, you may create Custom Sets. Also, the slots are labeled according to how our graders label the coins.

There are several silver dollar lunar sets. If you have any other questions, we are happy to help. Please list the specific NGC Registry set name in question. 

You may also email NGC Registry requests to registry@NGCcoin.com. Thanks very much.

Edited by Ali E.

Hello Ali.

Since I wasn't sure where to put his request, I decided to post it here within this chat board in the hopes that you will be able to address it accordingly.

This request is related to the following competitive set:

Applies to the following slot:

1907/6M (NON-COMPETITIVE; FOR DISPLAY ONLY)

While in other sets which I'm a participant, I see the reason for not scoring certain coins as "non-competitive" usually due to the extreme rarity.  However, this particular coin is only scarce and it is also one variety that has 17 graded coins within the NGC Census. 

Can you please review and change this from "non-competitive" to "competitive" so points can be assigned?

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #2877607-012 graded MS 63.  

Regards,

Scott

• Administrator
On 6/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Hello Ali.

Since I wasn't sure where to put his request, I decided to post it here within this chat board in the hopes that you will be able to address it accordingly.

This request is related to the following competitive set:

Applies to the following slot:

1907/6M (NON-COMPETITIVE; FOR DISPLAY ONLY)

While in other sets which I'm a participant, I see the reason for not scoring certain coins as "non-competitive" usually due to the extreme rarity.  However, this particular coin is only scarce and it is also one variety that has 17 graded coins within the NGC Census. 

Can you please review and change this from "non-competitive" to "competitive" so points can be assigned?

Coin Slot Example:

NGC #2877607-012 graded MS 63.  

Regards,

Scott

Hi, Scott.

I do not see the overdate, (under KM #464,) in the census: https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/mexico-1905-to-date/sc-216/g5p/. Thanks. 

On 6/13/2022 at 6:39 PM, Ali E. said:

Hi, Scott.

I do not see the overdate, (under KM #464,) in the census: https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/mexico-1905-to-date/sc-216/g5p/. Thanks. 

Hello Ali. Thanks for the quick reply.  

After doing some additional analysis, it appears that NGC is loading that particular overdate into the wrong Census area.  

Instead of putting it into “Mexico - 1905 to Date G5P” which is where it should be noted, it is being put into “Mexico - 1823-1909 G5P” which is the Republic period, not the modern (Estados Unidos) period.   

If you verify the slab number I listed in my previous message and then select the Census info for that coin, it will take you to the NGC Census page for the wrong area.  I’ve also attached a snapshot of that page for your review. 

I hope this helps to clear up the issue for this date and variety. 
Regards, Scott

27012C47-C013-47F7-AE76-1C2E01B7BD33.png

• Administrator

Ok, thanks, Scott.

We will make the coin competitive and notify the appropriate people about the census.

• Administrator
On 6/11/2022 at 5:49 PM, 1187 said:

or some reason I am not able to load the below coins to my competitive coins.  When I try it says coins are already competing in this set but the registry shows no coins for these slots.  Tried to delete them and then reenter them but that did work either.

Hello. We have responded to your emails. Thank you.

Good afternoon Ali, 

Could you please add a new slot for this coin in the "Great Britain - Tudor Beasts, 2022-Date, Complete (No Gold)" set?

Also, do you know yet when you are going to break this set up into their own individual sets like the Queen's Beasts sets?

Thank you very much, 

Brett

Screenshot_20220525-131201_NGC.jpg