• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Dealer Site - Check It Out

25 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 5:39 PM, Lem E said:

I just checked out your new site. Looks really good brother. Congrats on getting it up and running. Pretty straight forward navigation. I hope you do well with it.

Much appreciated. A website builder I am not. And making it work on a mobile device is a pain. The desktop site has much more features. 

On 1/31/2022 at 5:41 PM, Woods020 said:

Much appreciated. A website builder I am not. And making it work on a mobile device is a pain. The desktop site has much more features. 

I think it does the trick. 

The site looks good.  Nice interface, minimal clutter.  I like it !  (thumbsu

1 glitch...when I hit GOLD COINS nothing comes up.  If you don't have any, then something should say "No Inventory At The Current Time" or something like that.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

1 glitch...when I hit GOLD COINS nothing comes up.  If you don't have any, then something should say "No Inventory At The Current Time" or something like that.

How about a funny face with it's tongue sticking out....? Well never mind ---  might be misunderstood.  :)

On 2/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Thank you. I’ll address it. I am in the process of adding gold. I don’t have a ton on hand. I have some headed to CAC and some headed to grading at the moment. But I have 5 or so raw coins to list. 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:42 PM, Woods020 said:

I sold 16 coins today without it blowing up. Knock on wood. The Vamworld guys are liking the Morgans in older holders it seems. 

Did you ask how they found the site ?  Was it folks from these forums ? 

On 2/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Did you ask how they found the site ?  Was it folks from these forums ? 

I posted a similar post over there. It’s nice I can see where they came from. I’ve had about 45% of traffic from here, 45% from vamworld, and 10% either google searches or Facebook. 

Hi Woods,

Sorry it took me 400 years to check out your site, but it looks good.  Very professional.  It's easy to navigate, it has good photos and the links and pages all work correctly.  I think you're going to make some U.S. collectors quite happy with your offerings.  Best of luck to you!

On 2/6/2022 at 12:03 PM, Woods020 said:

I can tell you there is more coin nuts like us than I ever realized. I have had more traffic and sales in the first week than I ever imagined.

Congrats, but I can't help but wonder if the fact that you are NEW was a reason for the surge in traffic ?  Don't get me wrong, I HOPE you are right and that there are alot more coin collectors 2 years after the pandemic than back in late-2019.  But as RWB says, we need to see it last.

In any event, I wish you continued success and hope what you are experiencing is part of a much larger trend, one which I lean to, too. (thumbsu

I’ve had emails and phone calls from collectors across the country this week. 

Could it be dealers looking for inventory or is it end-collectors ?  Thoughts ?

With all of that said I need coins! If you have or know of coins for sale hit me up. Now my challenge will be keeping inventory fresh with quality coins at fair prices, which is every dealers struggle these days. 

Yeah, that's what I've heard and read:  there's no inventory.  So that DOES kind of lead credence to the fact that rising prices are not increasing dealer supply because end-use/end-collector demand IS RISING.

Which is good. (thumbsu

Again...let's see it persist, ESPECIALLY once the pandemic is in the rear-view mirror with dozens of deaths daily instead of hundreds or thousands.(thumbsu

On 2/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Congrats, but I can't help but wonder if the fact that you are NEW was a reason for the surge in traffic ?  Don't get me wrong, I HOPE you are right and that there are alot more coin collectors 2 years after the pandemic than back in late-2019.  But as RWB says, we need to see it last.

In any event, I wish you continued success and hope what you are experiencing is part of a much larger trend, one which I lean to, too. (thumbsu

Could it be dealers looking for inventory or is it end-collectors ?  Thoughts ?

Yeah, that's what I've heard and read:  there's no inventory.  So that DOES kind of lead credence to the fact that rising prices are not increasing dealer supply because end-use/end-collector demand IS RISING.

Which is good. (thumbsu

Again...let's see it persist, ESPECIALLY once the pandemic is in the rear-view mirror with dozens of deaths daily instead of hundreds or thousands.(thumbsu

A lot is who knows. I know one was a dealer in Michigan. He bought a bunch at a price I was happy with and made money. Mostly it’s collectors buying one or two. 

As far as why and how long your guess is as good as mine. I’m never quitting my day job so I’m not overly concerned. More a curiosity. I hope for the hobby it booms for the long run. We need it to.