• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re: 2009 1c Professional Life Omitted Image Discovery

14 posts in this topic

You have mastered the microscope 👍 

Did you have a question? What we tried to tell you in your previous post is that comparing the actual design to a picture isn’t useful. If you want to compare your coin to something, compare it to the actual coin design. I posted the final design form the mint in the last post, but I will include here again. 

image.jpeg.0071720ae922e64ae6b879de0aa275b8.jpeg

On 1/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, Coinbuf said:

My guess is a die gouge, a strike thru would go over the coat.

He posted a few days ago. He is talking about some “omitted image” in the design because it doesn’t match a sketch he found. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Woods020 said:

He posted a few days ago. He is talking about some “omitted image” in the design because it doesn’t match a sketch he found. 

I know but I did not reply to his original post.   It looks like a die gouge to me not some theory about an omitted image, whatever that is.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, Coinbuf said:

I know but I did not reply to his original post.   It looks like a die gouge to me not some theory about an omitted image, whatever that is.

I have no idea what the OP is talking about.  What the hell is an "omitted image"?! It sounds like something SlickCoins or Ratzie33 would pull out of their behinds......

On 1/20/2022 at 10:05 PM, Mohawk said:

I have no idea what the OP is talking about.  What the hell is an "omitted image"?! It sounds like something SlickCoins or Ratzie33 would pull out of their behinds......

I think, maybe, what he is saying is when he compares coins to the mint sketches there are minuscule changes. Not surprising at all since the coins require modifications to become coins, and the sketches aren’t meant to be taken literally as the final design. For whatever reason he is hung up on comparing coins to this sketch and saying they don’t match. I could be way off base, but I believe that is what he is getting at. Who knows? 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 1/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, Woods020 said:

I think, maybe, what he is saying is when he compares coins to the mint sketches there are minuscule changes. Not surprising at all since the coins require modifications to become coins, and the sketches aren’t meant to be taken literally as the final design. For whatever reason he is hung up on comparing coins to this sketch and saying they don’t match. I could be way off base, but I believe that is what he is getting at. Who knows? 🤷🏼‍♂️

That could be it, Woods.  It's about the only thing that could possibly make sense as an explanation, I think.  Comparing coins to sketches is not a good idea, I'd say.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:10 PM, Mohawk said:

This guy's also posted A TON of threads about this alleged "omitted image".......do we have our newest Boards Troll?

He has also posted the same cryptic message on the PCGS forum several times in the past couple of days.   Most likely just an alt or a previously banned member trolling.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Coinbuf said:

He has also posted the same cryptic message on the PCGS forum several times in the past couple of days.   Most likely just an alt or a previously banned member trolling.

I'm not surprised to hear that, Coinbuf.  This has definitely struck me as a trolling type of situation.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Coinbuf said:

Multiple threads on the same subject on Jan 19 and 20. Same reaction there as here.