• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got a Double Spike Recognition
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 5:49 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

That was fast, great find JP! :banana:

Still amazed at how straight those/that is, wish the portrait wasn't so worn down. Did they really need to add arrows to the images for diagnostics? lol

Ya I was wondering if perhaps now that the coin has a reference if NGC would slab it as a Double Spike SKH-5c-1994P-03 & 04.?? Another thing I think is cool is that I am such a nut on saving little errors. I also have a early stage of this Die Break SKH-5c-1994P-02 on that one you can see how the crack was just starting to work its way across the coin

Double Spike 1994 P.jpg

Double Spike 1994 P Reverse.jpg

S20220115_0003.jpg

Double Spike 1994 P  Early stage.jpg

On 1/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya I was wondering if perhaps now that the coin has a reference if NGC would slab it as a Double Spike SKH-5c-1994P-03 & 04.?? Another thing I think is cool is that I am such a nut on saving little errors. I also have a early stage of this Die Break SKH-5c-1994P-02 on that one you can see how the crack was just starting to work its way across the coin

Double Spike 1994 P.jpg

Double Spike 1994 P Reverse.jpg

S20220115_0003.jpg

Double Spike 1994 P  Early stage.jpg

Ah, thanks for the additional images JP. I can see the crack going across the portrait now, it's faint, but it's there. It's a large one and I wasn't sure if you could see it going across the portrait as the design, probably, wouldn't have struck up fully in that area and a little wear could have removed evidence of it. I doubt NGC would assign that number to the slab, Cuds on Coins may not be considered as a go to reference for them or they may not acknowledge assigned numbers for die crack, cuds, off center strikes, etc. because they are too minor and there are too many of them. Although they do assign some VAM's. hm 

On 1/15/2022 at 3:57 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Ah, thanks for the additional images JP. I can see the crack going across the portrait now, it's faint, but it's there. It's a large one and I wasn't sure if you could see it going across the portrait as the design, probably, wouldn't have struck up fully in that area and a little wear could have removed evidence of it. I doubt NGC would assign that number to the slab, Cuds on Coins may not be considered as a go to reference for them or they may not acknowledge assigned numbers for die crack, cuds, off center strikes, etc. because they are too minor and there are too many of them. Although they do assign some VAM's. hm 

Ya Mike I was trying to get them to post it as a full die break. I can see where the crack was on the bust with this shot. The pictures I originally sent in were the USB scope ones and you cant see the crack going all the way with those shots there is no reflection.