• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q. About this sticker
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just bought this silver eagle. I know it's not MS70, I couldn't get near those for less than $200-$400, but it's still a good MS69.

What's the deal with the "MAC" sticker? Do those even mean anything???

Thank You,

Mel

2003_silver_eagle_ms69.jpg

Thanks for the info!

I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the sticker when I bought it, just the fact it was slabbed and graded. I paid 60 for it, if anyone cares. I figured: 40 for the bullion + 20 (more like 35) for the grading. So I did okay.

Whether it will appreciate I don't know.

Anybody have any experience with late model coins graded below 70?

I remember reading either here or ATS that the MAC sticker guy was part of the now defunct Accugrade ACG grading firm.  I do not know if that information is truly factual or mere speculation or gossip.   However if true it would explain much about the sticker.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:29 PM, Coinbuf said:

I remember reading either here or ATS that the MAC sticker guy was part of the now defunct Accugrade ACG grading firm.  I do not know if that information is truly factual or mere speculation or gossip.

I don't know if he is the owner of the company, but he is involved with it.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:38 AM, Mel_in_PNW said:

Again, thanks for the info! :) I pulled the sticker off.

>Whether it will appreciate I don't know.

>>>Anybody have any experience with late model coins graded below 70?

Thanks again.

I would not expect much in the way of value appreciation for the coin as a collectable, far too many were minted, saved, and graded for these to ever be rare.   But if silver values were to rise and find a new higher equilibrium then your coin would be valued higher.    The old saying : "a rising tide lifts all boats"; your boat needs the rising tide to give it a lift.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:28 PM, Coinbuf said:

Anybody have any experience with late model coins graded below 70?

Gas, diesel or electric? Do you mean street-legal or something else?

;)

I’m still laughing at 4 of 5 steps. It’s like saying “it’s a Le Mans , it almost a GTO “. Those are known as “pompous stickers”. I think you did just fine on the ase. Sometimes it’s just wise to be able to understand a little compromise and grab a 69. Should I tell the story of the 70 that spotted after slabbing and how much value was lost 😢 ? No.  Ok but I sure learned to appreciate a good 69 😉

On 1/14/2022 at 10:28 AM, RWB said:

Gas, diesel or electric? Do you mean street-legal or something else?

;)

You did the quote wrong, I did not write "Anybody have any experience with late model coins graded below 70?".   The op wrote that.

Edited by Coinbuf