• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980-D penny Lamination or Struck Through
1 1

5 posts in this topic

It was to hard not to share this. I've seen alot of PMD but thinking this  might be a error. Struck through or lamination or combination of all three. I know you guys say not to clean your coin but this one is tempting lol. Thanks for any advice on this one. Joe

20220105_124844.jpg

20220105_130016.jpg

Pretty sure you just have one very mistreated coin. I won’t speculate to exact cause but I feel confident no error is at play. It didn’t leave the mint like that.

As far as cleaning I say go for it. One the coin has nothing to lose since it’s so beat up and two you have active verdigris that will worsen over time. Not sure it’s worth time or effort of doing so as I’d spend it at the next opportunity though. 

Hi Joe!

I'm with the others.....damaged and stained with some residue on it.  I think if you want to clean it, go for it.  That coin has nothing to lose!