• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought a 1965 Special Mint set.
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Excellent pickups, Bill!! I'm so pleased that you're happy with them.  They both look like good sets, but especially that 1967.  The quarter and the dime look really nice in your 1967 set, but I like the 1966 cent better than the 1967 one, actually.  

Before I comment on the '66 and '67 sets, I have to ask:  "Are these the sellers pics, or are they your sets?" You fooled both Kurt and me into commenting on the seller's pics of the '65 set. I'm not going to fall for that again.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:22 PM, Just Bob said:

Before I comment on the '66 and '67 sets, I have to ask:  "Are these the sellers pics, or are they your sets?" You fooled both Kurt and me into commenting on the seller's pics of the '65 set. I'm not going to fall for that again.

Sorry that was totally unintentional these I received today and shot the pictures at lunch time. I wasn’t trying to ‘fool’ anyone as I posted the actual pictures of each coin in the 65 set.

Wasn’t it the “Transitional” Silver-Clad thing where they had no mint marks to show the diff? After all, NGC & PCGS did NOT exist in the 1960’s.  Shucks, if they had, I’d have a truckload of graded coins. 🤣