• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hello sorry bout all the comments but I'm new and would love advice I have great coins i just round this 1930 wheat half of the numbers are faded but can still see great i also found this 1943 steal penny that dont look like others it looks like it was a part of concrete or building in ancient times 

Hello and Welcome, Wayne.

Well, to tell you anything about your coins, we'll need good, clear photos of both sides of the coin.  Without good, clear photos, it is impossible to tell you anything about what you have.  If you can get some good photos and post them up here, then we may be able to help you.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:21 PM, Woods020 said:

Hi Wayne. Welcome to the forum. We are happy to help as much as we can. The standard protocol is:

- create a post in the newbie section for each coin you have questions about

- post clear, focused, and closely cropped photos. The coin should fill the screen if possible but focus and clarity are essential

- give us a description of your question(s) and what you see that makes you think it is noteworthy. Many people neglect this and we don’t know what we are looking for 

- lastly be open to the answers and feedback you get. Don’t be upset if the answer isn’t what you were expecting. It may be better than you thought or you may be told it’s worthless, but facts are facts. Many newbies get very upset if the answer isn’t what they had hoped for and we are just giving honest feedback. 

This exactly, Wayne.  Woods just laid out the clear path to success on this board.  If you follow this advice, you should be able to get a good start both in the hobby and on the NGC Boards.

Edited by Mohawk
Typo

On 12/20/2021 at 9:31 PM, Woods020 said:

I neglected to mention to post pictures front (obverse) and back (reverse) of the coins. Many times it may not seem relevant but very often we need to see all of the coin. 

No worries Woods......I got ya.  I mentioned that in my reply :).  Between the two of us, we hit it all....you adding much more than I did.  Well done, I must say.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Sound advice.  I second that.

And I third it.  A copy of the Red Book should be one of the very first purchases for anyone looking at getting into U.S. Coins.  Tons of good information in there for a very good price.  

Welcome to the Forum, Wayne!  Here now all of 137 minutes and you're eager to jump in. That's good!   You're already a member, so that takes care of any concerns about membership fees.  The cold, hard truth is I doubt you fully understand what FMV is, as alluded to by one member.  I've been around forever and only recently grasped the concept.  Is the coin worth grading?  It presents as being of the clad persuasion but if it was possible to mint a 1943 copper cent, it may not be too much of a stretch to envision a 90% silver 1969, but I wouldn't count on it.  What's that you say, a reddish, copper edge?  Sorry, Wayne.  Perchance to dream.  Better luck next time.  Happy hunting!    🐓 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

You're already a member, so that takes care of any concerns about membership fees.

Membership here on the board does NOT give you submission privileges.  That is an additional membership fee.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:22 AM, Conder101 said:

Membership here on the board does NOT give you submission privileges.  That is an additional membership fee.

You mean there is hope?  I am going to renew my membership; the entertainment value of these threads alone is worth the price of admission.    🐓