• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graded Date

6 posts in this topic

Kind of new to this, and tried to find the answer on my own - no luck.

Question - How do I find when NGC graded my coin ( i.e , year and month ) ?

It must be in the data base somewhere, and no need to think about "resubmitting" if the coin has only been slabbed for a couple of years.

Thanks for your help. B. Sten

Welcome to the forum, there is no database that you can search to find that information.   If you can post a photo of the whole slab front and back I may be able to tell you which generation of slab it is and a general timeframe that generation was used.   For more specific info you would need to contact the NGC customer service.

Thanks Mr. Buf for your help..  I cannot now send photos, however I have no less than 5 different "types" of slabs.  Perhaps there is already a posting with pictures of slab "id's" and the years they were released.\?

Here is an old thread put together by a forum member years ago, unfortunately it has not been updated since 2008 so you may not find the generation you have in here.   If not then a call to customer service is your only option, from the cert number they should be able to answer your question.

NGC generations

B.Stenis, I am assuming you added the coin to your registry, If so, add it to a competitive set, then select History. This will only provide the date from the registry not the grading date.

image.thumb.png.b8094a631e29d8fb3137c506173770b0.png

image.thumb.png.ae4c4113f7d0346c722de89654fbe65b.png

Edited by Mr.Bill347
ed

RE: "Graded Date"

You're really close...however, dates are graded first then "pitted" so people don't break their teeth biting them. That's also why there are no Date Newton cookie bars...only Fig Newtons. (Sir. Isaac broke a tooth on a date and thereby discovered pain.)

Coins do not benefit from "pitting" because few people eat them. :)

Now you may return to factual answers.

Edited by RWB