• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossover's to increase value of set ?

12 posts in this topic

Hello coin lover's and experts, I have a real "newbie" question :) I really have appreciated all of the advice and input (even the "head-shot" about me having more money than sense LOL). I also understand that you buy the coin not the holder and the fact of grading and shipping are expensive but I'm thinking of grand-kids being able to get a fair price down the line without having to understanding the hobby. My question is :: Would a set be easier to sell if it's all graded by the same same grading company (i.e. NGC or PCGS) ? I have a complete Morgan and Peace set all MS except 1890 to 1894 but they are mixed grading companies. Thoughts (and be gentle LOL) ???

Leroy

Hi Leroy!

I think if all of the slabs are NGC and PCGS, you should have no issues.  However, if you have slabs from companies other than NGC and PCGS, those may be a little problematic.  If you do have coins in slabs that aren't NGC or PCGS, you may want to look into seeing if it'd be worth it to submit those coins to NGC or PCGS.

Thanx Mohawk - that would save a lot money. Fortunately, they are all NGC and PCGS but that advice applies to a few ASE's 70s I got to complete that set from ICG :( . Thanx to you RWB about the CC and S ( I'm looking for the CC's now but I realize only low grade would be in my budget) :) 

Just my thoughts.  I have no problem with anacs.  ICG gets less respect so I study with the “coin not the holder,view.”  

Because I have coins in the top tpg holders doesn’t mean I don’t have some mistakes in everyone’s holders. It happens. Coins change in the holder. 😉

On 12/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Just my thoughts.  I have no problem with anacs.  ICG gets less respect so I study with the “coin not the holder,view.”  

Because I have coins in the top tpg holders doesn’t mean I don’t have some mistakes in everyone’s holders. It happens. Coins change in the holder. 😉

I like ANACS, too, James.  I have a couple of their coins as well and I really like how ANACS grades ancients, actually.  That may be an unpopular opinion with some, but I've been know to have those from time to time.....I'm typically reviled for my intense dislike of Liberty Head gold coins, to cite an example.