• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Persistent sign-in problems need to be fixed

22 posts in this topic

Man, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having these problems!! I was starting to worry it was something with my system!!  Hopefully our hosts will get this problem under control soon.

It is better than it was... I wanna say a couple months ago? There was a while there were getting on on the PMG side was simply not possible at all and that lasted about 2-3 weeks... now it's mostly just annoying.

I have contacted the NGC website admins regarding the "Invision Community" stuff popping up on my screen very frequently and not allowing me to view anything on the forum (not sure if this has anything to do with what is currently going on or what you guys are seeing).  I have been in contact with Scott with NGC who is looking into this.  I posted a thread months ago about this same issue. It went away for awhile but then started happening again.  It happened to me a week or so ago but now after contacting admin maybe this will be resolved. Just FYI. 

I received this email from NGC this morning in regards to the issue I am having.  One question to those on this thread/post.  Did any of you download the "Invision Community 4" program that some of us had a problem getting around several months ago?  Just curios that if you did, if your issues may be a result of having downloaded that internet program. I personally did not download that program.  I can't remember who all was on my previous Topic that said not to download it.  

Hello,

Thank you for the picture. I am waiting to hear back from our web team and once I hear back from them, I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Scott

NGC Customer Service

On 12/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, RWB said:

This has continued far too long. Just went through 5 cycles of signing on, then being dropped almost immediately. This is a basic problem and has been such for several months.

Yep.  Also went through it.   :pullhair:

On 12/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, RWB said:

This has continued far too long. Just went through 5 cycles of signing on, then being dropped almost immediately. This is a basic problem and has been such for several months.

Try using an Incognito Window. 

It should remember your PW and Login and you can get to the site in under 10 seconds.  Not sure it will remember the PW/Login automatically but Chrome remembers it such that I just have to key it in and both the Login/PW show up and I hit "REMEMBER ME" and login and I'm at the main forum section.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

I have been using my phone for the forum for the last 2 months. It did it on my computer before that. Used microsoft edge on my win10 pc and now using chrome on my phone. Had cleared cache & history on both devices and I still have to log out of the ngc registry page and then log onto the forum. Been like this for quite some time now. I still think it's a software issue. 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, MN1 said:

When it started happening to me often NGC advised me to clear my cache.  Never had issues since.  I use Chrome if that makes any difference.

I wonder if that is taking place when I use an Incognito Window.  I didn't want to clear cache or delete temp files because I was afraid I'd lose valuable automatic stuff on other sites.

Welp I got the email from our hosts. Wanted me to give a new password. 3 hours later and I’m in with the new password. 
Hi everybody! Hi Dr. Nick 😂🙀

I have had this problem for several months and complained about it. Glad to see it might be working. 
I freaked out when a couple days back I couldn’t contact everyone at the holidays 🤨. Happy holidays 

Again...if you have Chrome and can't get in....use an Incognito Window and your old login/PW should automatically "fill" the blanks when your cursor goes over the empty spaced....then you can get in. (thumbsu