• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crack in case for a PCGS Morgan Cc
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Agree. Small crack is personal. For me I would pass unless a bargain.  
Now the second coin is showing signs of cleaning and not gentle. CC ‘s are tough because I don’t have one (except the 2021🤨) and keep finding stuff like you are. This or that, almost but not really. If I am going to buy one I’m going to wait a couple years. The prices are crazy or there’s a problem. Not to say that if the slabbed CC is priced right I’d jump, but carefully 😉

The second coin appears to be real -- but also a "real dog."  Cleaned, scrubbed and not really worth buying even at a big discount - it will be tough to resell later.

If it's that spot near the 4:00 position I could live with it...if it was a coin I wanted bad enough and difficult to get.  However the 1882-CC, 1883-CC, and 1884-CC Morgans are the most common.  I picked a 1882-CC up in the GSA holder with the box and COA for what I considered cheap.  I'd keep looking.  There are more out there.  I see them at Flea Markets in the GSA holder.