• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V75
2 2

77 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 6:41 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I found another one tonight roll hunting . It has been a long time since the last one I found. I only need one more to complete the set of circulated V75 Quarters. Still looking for the W Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller. 

V75.jpg

Nice, I'm still looking for these. Good luck on your set JP.

Hey @J P Mashoke. You have forced me to pull out the ones I have found CRH'ing.  I have been very fortunate and believe I have found 4, maybe 5 of them.  I remember the first one I found was in change from a check I cashed at my bank.  I actually found one more yesterday in a bank roll I happened to have here at my house that I went through.  I'm not a big Quarter collector (I truly appreciate those that are) but I do know about the V75 privy's which have a significant meaning.  Good luck finding them all!

On 12/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Still looking for the W Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller. 

Well....as luck would have it J P.... The one I found yesterday I mentioned in my last comment is the one you need to complete your collection, sorry.  I just looked on my table and realized it is the Marsh Billings. Lots of chatter on the cheek and such but still a very neat find in the wild.  I too have 4 of the 5 now that I looked.  I think I'm missing the "Bat".  

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

I think I got 8 from the wild. In 2019 I was mostly working on modern coins. Before I started the silver GW collection. I put together 2 sets of the 2019. 1 in ms65 and one in ms66. All NGC.  Then I have a spare 2019 Lowell in PCGS ms65. Then I have 3 of the 2020 in ms65. I need to complete that set one of these days. I quit working on them for a while. Hoping the prices would go down a little like the 2019s did. I cant remember which ones I need. Pretty sure Marsh Billings is one of them. Its been a while since Ive priced them. 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:41 AM, GBrad said:

Hey J P.  You and @Hoghead515 are into Quarters much more so than I.  Which of the five V75's are the most highly sought after?  I guess I could look it up but I figured you guys would know right off the top of your head.  Thanks.

Marsh Billings Is 1st with Tall Grass 2nd almost the same in price from MS 63 up.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:35 PM, Lem E said:

I basically just watched during that competition. I didn’t find jack.

I remember you being in on the conversation Lem. I also was in a dry spot with only 3 out of 5 and I think Sharann went off forum for a while after it started up. So it never went to far I think.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I remember you being in on the conversation Lem. I also was in a dry spot with only 3 out of 5 and I think Sharann went off forum for a while after it started up. So it never went to far I think.

Yea. We ended up finishing. She left right after we got done for a while. My partner Ray brought us across the finish line. I only found a couple. He racked them up and fairly quick. 

On 12/7/2021 at 7:47 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Sorry to have to tell you, but if you have 4, you have 6 to go.   

Noted. Then I have 5 and 5 to go. I am missing one 2019 and have one 2020.

It's not a W, but I did find a 2016-S Shawnee ATB Quarter in our laundry money today.  It's nice and PL, but it has a big spot on the obverse.  I thought it was kind of fun to find.  

On 12/7/2021 at 10:25 PM, Mohawk said:

It's not a W, but I did find a 2016-S Shawnee ATB Quarter in our laundry money today.  It's nice and PL, but it has a big spot on the obverse.  I thought it was kind of fun to find.  

Is it an impaired proof or one of the S mint circulation quality?

On 12/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, VKurtB said:

Now that you mention it I have never found a 2019 or a 2020 S I vary rarely find any S coins here on the east coast and the only W coins I have found in the wild are the V75 hm

On 12/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, VKurtB said:

It's actually one of the circulation quality S mint coins.  I should have thought to specify that.  I apologize.

Edited by Mohawk

On 12/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Still looking for the W Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller. 

You still looking for this one?

JP that’s amazing, I’ve never found a V75 in the wild. Had to buy a graded one just to have one! And these oddball coins you find in CRH amazes me. There must be a lot of foreign money there in that “black hole “ of coins. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:23 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Ya TJ I am. It will show up one of these days LoL. I still roll hunt every night. I have 4 rolls of quarters sitting on my desk waiting for me to look at them. When I finish those I'll just go to the bank and get some more. I am sure I can just go buy one on-line but that's no fun. I am roll hunting Nickels right now. This is the fun part. People stick all sorts of stuff in rolls. Like these two coins I found in these Nickel rolls. 

I know what you mean.  I once found a guitar pick inside a machine wrapped roll of half dollars!! :roflmao:

Hey, I'll PM you.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:52 PM, J P Mashoke said:

It was in a roll of 49 cents.

:roflmao:That's a good one J P!! Pretty witty I have to say.  Speaking of "spacers", I can't believe how many perfectly Cent sized flat galvanized washers I continually find in bank wrapped rolls.  I'm not talking about the brown bag Walmart sleeves.  I'm talking about the tightly wrapped (no re-wraps involved here) Loomis rolled Lincolns.  Very odd these things wind up in a roll.  I told one of my bank teller about this and she said that it was not possible.  Well....... she's wrong.