• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Interesting Tie in to the 2013 Mount Rushmore National Park Quarter
1 1

8 posts in this topic

That is very cool. Thank you for sharing. Very cool photos.  Its amazing its so hard to give the government things like that but its sure very easy to give them a few dollars. They will take it pretty quickly. Those would be amazing in the museum. 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:20 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I told him that I would like to donate the photos to the museum as historical artifacts.

Heck.... I would have those beautiful photos professional framed and find a very prominent spot in my house to display them!  It's extremely nice that you offered them as a donation out of the goodness of your heart Bill but I have to agree with @Hoghead515 on his comment.  In addition, we as Americans are only promised two things in life- Death and Taxes!!!!! lol.  Not taking away from your excellent story and pics Bill, just throwing in some humor here buddy.  

Edited by GBrad

Love the high angle photo of Lincoln. Your Dad must have really impressed someone to be allowed anywhere in the work area - especially on top of GW or in the access tunnels. BTW, the National Park Service is very good about evaluating and accepting donations. What they try to avoid is duplication. Alternatives are the National Archives or Smithsonian Archives of American Art, or Library of Congress. Most will accept the image with as much origin data as possible and public rights. They also give you a high quality print and copy negative. If you are donating but not planning to take a deduction of the FMV, no appraisal is required.

Edited by RWB