• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is cool 😎

15 posts in this topic

Good catch. I’ve asked myself why and because of the signature adds value and gem addresses authenticity and such. I am fairly sure that these are available with a number grade. It’s kinda like singles I’ve seen (not a fan of “gem”) with both signature and gem or signature with a number grade.  Sure like the holder.  Have all 3 pennies fdoi and 69 grades.  I would love to find one but I’m not a player at $200    As always my opinion 🙃

James and J think.  When have you seen a slab marked 'Brilliant Uncirculated'?  It's not a grade and all TPGs offer a non-grade statement.  In this case "Gem Proof" etc.  Check it out on NGC or PCGS.

The holder is cool, I like it! B|

The grades given are adjectival, most likely to ensure that they all "graded" the same. If you had a slab like that and had two 70's and a 69, pick you poison here, it might be a let down to some people or hard to sell. An adjectival grade for something like this is not why you buy this, it's all about the display for these.

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading/grading-scale/adjectival-grades/ 

I like the holder, too James!!!  It makes me wish that the U.S. Mint had managed to make all three of the different finishes for the Jefferson Nickels last year.  Those would have looked sharp in a multi-holder, I bet.  I myself was actually hoping to acquire one of the BU 2020-W Nickels, but they sadly did not happen :frown:

Edited by Mohawk

Not quite, Kurt.  I have to respectfully submit two other times that I can think of that this happened with the quarter. 1916 had the Barber and the Standing Liberty and 1917 had the Type 1 and Type 2 Standing Liberty.  But, of course, that 1916 Two-fer would be a pricey one.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, Mohawk said:

Not quite, Kurt.  I have to respectfully submit two other times that I can think of that this happened with the quarter. 1916 had the Barber and the Standing Liberty and 1917 had the Type 1 and Type 2 Standing Liberty.  But, of course, that 1916 Two-fer would be a pricey one.

Excellent! Thank you, ‘hawk.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:35 PM, VKurtB said:

Excellent! Thank you, ‘hawk.

No prob, Kurt.....glad we can move on from that other thread and go forward talking about and enjoying the coins!!  That's all I've ever wanted on here in all honesty :) 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, Mohawk said:

No prob, Kurt.....glad we can move on from that other thread and go forward talking about and enjoying the coins!!  That's all I've ever wanted on here in all honesty :) 

We are what our experiences make us.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

We are what our experiences make us.

That we are, sir, that we are.  We all have our own paths in this life that we walk and that shape us throughout our journey.  No one's is exactly the same, that's for sure.

Edited by Mohawk