• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trump coins
1 1

51 posts in this topic

So I’m not a big fan of the guy but that’s neither here or there. My dad I think has a man crush on him and I came across a couple silver and gold ones I was thinking about purchasing for him. The lady at the counter wasn’t sure but she said she believes the owner wants $65 a piece for them. Are they worth it? 

On 11/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Yep, the political stuff is big.  A friend of mine runs St. Louis Mint and they just announced a pre-order on Facebook for "Let's Go Brandon" custom one ounce bars.  He sold over 700 of them in less than 24 hours.  

See that’s why I asked because I’m not familiar with these type of coins and wether or not they can be used as currency. I didn’t ask for anyones opinion on politics so let’s not go there for anyone with such an opinion. If you don’t care then don’t be a troll and move to the next persons question that you can probably helpful with.

Edited by Keith Dee

They are garbage tokens made by shysters to grab a buck. This happens with every President. These things are worth only their metal content.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, Keith Dee said:

See that’s why I asked because I’m not familiar with these type of coins and wether or not they can be used as currency. I didn’t ask for anyones opinion on politics so let’s not go there for anyone with such an opinion. If you don’t care then don’t be a troll and move to the next persons question that you can probably helpful with.

I'm confused.  Are you calling me a troll?

Those "coins" are garbage and they're worthless.  They are not worth your time, consideration or money.  There are millions of better uses for your hard earned money.  And let's just get this out of the way.  I hate Trump.  I loathe him.  I cannot stand him.  He makes my stomach churn and my skin crawl.  People have different opinions and this is mine.  But I'm not saying what I said for that reason.  I'm saying it because what Roger said is true.....this kind of garbage comes out for every president and none of it is worth anything nor is any of it a good use of your hard earned money.  If you want presidential medals, I believe that the U.S. Mint sells them.  I'm not sure of the exact lineup being offered though, but you could check it out if you wanted.  An actual U.S. Mint medal would be a better use of your money.

Edited by Mohawk

On 11/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

I'm confused.  Are you calling me a troll?

No I was calling 124Spider a troll. Apparently he removed his comment considered the source and moved on😂 What a loser.

Edited by Keith Dee

On 11/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, SlickCoins said:

No, not good for currency, only bullion,,, I also would be confused if I was actively calling fellow members trolls,,, if somebody said don't be a troll,,,,Dang I might think they was calling me a troll, I mean after all I'm calling other coin collectors trolls.

My humble opinion, if you don't wanna be called names I'd probably stop calling others names.

Thanks all have a great day

If you looked at the reposts you’d see where it all began. No one called me a name but came into my post and made a rude comment. Which in my opinion is being a troll. If you can’t answer a members questions then maybe you shouldn’t invade their post with your dislike for it. Move on to the next post. And if you don’t like that one then feel free and comment and see if the next member will invite your negativity but not in my posts thank you. 

On 11/10/2021 at 8:56 PM, EdG_Ohio said:

The U.S. Mint carries numerous Medals of previous presidents should a person have a interest in such things.
https://catalog.usmint.gov/medals/presidential/

Thanks for posting that Ed.  That should be helpful to the OP.  I myself have no interest in such things.  Now, medals of Egyptian Pharaohs would likely be a different story.......... 

Edited by Mohawk

The OP’s dad likes him, and both my ex-wife AND my current wife can’t wait to have him back in the White House. I think I’ll wait to see who else runs.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:46 PM, VKurtB said:

The OP’s dad likes him, and both my ex-wife AND my current wife can’t wait to have him back in the White House. I think I’ll wait to see who else runs.

Oh please, for the love of the Gods, NO!!!! He gets elected again and I'm freaking out of this country. His term was the worst 4 years of my life.  I'm not doing another 4 like that. Thankfully, Canada isn't far away from me, our local accent is already fairly similar to a Canadian accent and I know the words to O Canada.  I may have to learn them in French though...but learn it I will.  The nice thing is my dad and sister would likely come with us....they can't stand him, either.  Kurt.....I'd have to call a divorce lawyer if I were in your shoes.

Edited by Mohawk

On 11/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, RWB said:

There are certain names that provoke immediate, visceral reactions. Some of these are highly negative from cultural and historical perspectives. Some newer "reactionary" names create strong opinions both positive and negative. The OP's thread title contains one of those newer names, and it is usually best to avoid them in titles if the OP wants unbiased responses.

Very true.  I agree with all of this.  U.S. politics in general either disillusion or disgust me by and large and have for almost as long as I remember.  Despite my responses, I actually hate the topic, but I had one of those visceral reactions that Roger is referring to.  I, for one, would like to get back to coins and off of U.S. political garbage.  Given my thoughts on the whole issue of the U.S. and American politics as a whole entity, I should probably just move to Canada anyway lol

Edited by Mohawk

On 11/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, 124Spider said:

puke.png

#46 evokes the same response in me. Worst EVER, and that includes 45.

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, VKurtB said:

#46 evokes the same response in me. Worst EVER, and that includes 45.

Yeah, Kurt; I understand your feeling.  I would hate a president, too, if all he did was lie, cheat, steal, divide, philander, mock, throw out racist dog-whistles, alienate our allies and cozy up to our enemies, and attempt a violent coup against our democracy.  Oh, wait, that was 45, not 46; my bad.

:)

On 11/11/2021 at 6:59 PM, Oldhoopster said:

Stop the political !  You should know better than that Kurt.  Did anybody ask you what you thought about #45 or #46?  NO. Did your comment provide any information about the novelty pieces in the original post?  NO.  Why did you feel it was necessary to offer your opinion on politicians?  At least @Mohawk made an attempt at an apology for going off on political rant.

This is why we can't have nice things around here (to paraphrase an admonishment I used to hear often from my mother).   

Please refrain from the political nonsense so this can be a useful, informative numismatic chat board.  If you think a post is political, REPORT IT to the admin.  Hopefully, they will quickly take care of it.  

And hopefully evenhandedly, but coin forums have a crappy track record on that, particularly CT. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/11/2021 at 7:10 PM, 124Spider said:

Yeah, Kurt; I understand your feeling.  I would hate a president, too, if all he did was lie, cheat, steal, divide, philander, mock, throw out racist dog-whistles, alienate our allies and cozy up to our enemies, and attempt a violent coup against our democracy.  Oh, wait, that was 45, not 46; my bad.

:)

Yes Spidey, we are all well familiar with your views. Mine are 180 degrees opposite.