What triggered me into my coin venture?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, RWB said:

Slick,

If you post something reasonable people will do what they can to help. But posting photos of rubbish will only get mocking responses. It's like going to a jumbles sale at a local car park, buying box of stale biscuits and saying you've discovered the communion wafers used by Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Becket.

It's like Mark said earlier in the thread......garbage in, garbage out.  All Slick has put in has been garbage....fake coins, hideous, chintzy crosses and c*ap like that.  He should expect nothing less than garbage out if he keeps posting here.  But I have to admit that I am having fun with this one. Yes, I know he's a troll and I shouldn't feed him, but this has been his most ridiculous posting of an item yet.  It's given me some laughs, that's for sure.

Edited by Mohawk

Yeah again in the very beginning I said I think it's somehow connected.

I'm not getting mocked, maybe words I make up are, hence I did get a chuckle 🤭

Hmmm yes I probably wouldn't want to answer any of my questions either and my go-to answers would be it's fake so I don't have to, esp if it went against anything in our books cause after all that'd be fake 🤥.

I'm like that one lol,,, it seems nobody wants to answer,,, and yes maybe you are all right and I'm wrong.

Sometimes I'm thinking maybe that someone might humor me some good info while we are at it.

Thanks all

On 11/4/2021 at 12:31 PM, Mohawk said:

Maybe Dr. Roman should tell him.  It may be easier for him to hear from a doctor.  Oh wait!!! I am a doctor!!  A Doctor of Education and not an ortho doc, but a doctor nonetheless.  I'll do it.........Slicky, old buddy, old pal, old troll, I think you need to read these posts a lot better and stop with the denial.  You are definitely being mocked.  However, with what you post, the responsibility for this situation existing is yours.

A doctor? Thank the gods! No problem that you are not an ortho doc because my problem is, um, not orthopedic. You see, there is this sort of growth type thing on my...well, best if I send you pics. I can't weigh it for obvious reasons.

Below is the best info I can get on this cross which could've been made yesterday or many years ago.

Thanks to Google lens I identified what type of cross this is, to identify how old it is, well there's ways to do it.

At least I'm learning :)

Thanks all

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milagro_(votive)

Milagros (also known as an ex-voto or dijes or promesas) are religious folk charms that are traditionally used for healing purposes and as votive offerings in Mexico, the southern United States, other areas of Latin America, and parts of the Iberian peninsula. They are frequently attached to altars, shrines, and sacred objects found in places of worship, and they are often purchased in churches and cathedrals, or from street vendors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama_(votive)

Tama (Greek: τάμα, pl. τάματα tamata) are a form of votive offering or ex-voto used in the Eastern Orthodox Churches, particularly the Greek Orthodox Church. Tamata are usually small metal plaques, which may be of base or precious metal, usually with an embossed image symbolizing the subject of prayer for which the plaque is offered.

A wide variety of images may be found on tamata, with the images capable of multiple interpretations. A heart may symbolize a prayer for love or a heart problem. Eyes may indicate an eye affliction, hands or legs may indicate maladies of the limbs, a pair of wedding crowns may mean a prayer for a happy marriage, a torso for afflictions of the body, and so forth.

Tamata may be bought in shops selling Greek Orthodox religious items, and then hung with a ribbon on a pole or hooks near an icon or shrine of a saint, the act of which is usually accompanied with a prayer, and sometimes with the lighting of a votive candle. The destinations of pilgrimages often include shrines decorated with many tamata.

One of the most famous Orthodox votive offerings is that by Saint John of Damascus. According to tradition, while he was serving as Vizier to the Caliph, he was falsely accused of treachery and his hand was cut off. Upon praying in front of an icon of the Theotokos his hand was miraculously restored. In thanksgiving, he had a silver replica of his hand fashioned and attached it to the icon (see image at left). This icon, now called "Trojeručica" (The Three-handed) is preserved at Hilandar Monastery on Mount Athos.

Tamata is also found in Italy, particularly in the South. It may be compared to many forms of Roman Catholic votive offerings, such as the Milagros traditionally used for healing purposes and as votive offerings in the Roman Catholic cultures of Mexico, the southern United States, Latin America, and parts of the Iberian peninsula.

Thanks again all