• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS MESSAGE SCREEN POPPING UP WITHIN THE FORUMS?????

33 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 2:39 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Holy cr*p Brad. That’s scary.  You know I’m old but I grab a  trusted youngster for computer help. Especially if their in school because they have access to their teacher. Should be knowledgeable folks there. 

I just came across a thread VKurt started earlier this month about the "site being broken".  Reading up on it now but not sure it relates to this.  If only I was in my teens again and knew more about computer software........ ARGH!!!

On 10/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, RWB said:

Another bug from the IT contractor.

Hey RWB, is there any way to keep this from interrupting my viewing and commenting??? It happens sporadically but often enough that it is very annoying!!!

Edited by GBrad

On 10/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, RWB said:

For now, just skip it. The SW contractor has to fix the problem.

Ok, thank you.(thumbsu Should I post this in the "ask NGC" forum? Or is that a waste of time?

On 10/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, GBrad said:

I keep getting this screen showing up each time I perform an action or switch forums.  Is this legit or some type of spam/bug? Thanks.

IMG_0924.jpg

I've gotten it a couple times, too GBrad.  I think the Boards are having some kind of an issue.  My guess is it's a problem on NGC's end rather than some kind of security risk.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mohawk said:

I've gotten it a couple times, too GBrad.  I think the Boards are having some kind of an issue.  My guess is it's a problem on NGC's end rather than some kind of security risk.

Gotcha, thanks.  I hate that others are having problems with this too but at the same time I'm glad it's not something solely on my end and a virus or something isn't trying to overtake my laptop.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, RWB said:

Your neighbors have their own church? Do they evade property taxes that way?

That would certainly be one way of attempting to evade property taxes, that's for sure.  There was an episode of Bob's Burgers in which some of the characters attempted to turn a public aquarium into a religious temple to try to evade property taxes so the aquarium could stay open.  It was a pretty good episode.  I found it to be quite humorous. 

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/30/2021 at 3:15 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Nope - this one's a Hijacker.  Reading your website datee ngccoin.com/install  Install at you own risk.

That is VERY good to know!!! Thank you so much, Alex!!!

On 10/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I got it many times.  DO NOT INSTALL Invision Community 4.  You'll be sorrry.

Yeah, I agree with ya there Alex.  I wasn't going to install it, no way!  Thanks!

It only comes up on the website www.ngcoin.com where it changes it to www.ngccoin.com/install.  Don't know why it chose this site unless someone with a grudge.  Commonly referred to in Computer speak as a 'Hijacker'.  They over ride NGC to get you to install their program.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, Coinbuf said:

maybe it will pop up later.

I'm not sure if the Browser one uses makes a difference.  I had it on Chrome and Edge.  I sent and EMail to NGC Tech but no reply yet.  Saturday maybe?  It only effected NGC's Chat Forums and not the main site.  This is about all I can tell.

Edited by Alex in PA.

It popped up on me a few times earlier today. It popped up when I was uploading shots and quoting others. I just moved around a bit and logged off washed my cookie's and browser and came back on , I have not seen it again... .. So far? 

Edited by J P Mashoke

All i done was hit the (back) button and went back to the previous page. Then tried to click on what i was trying to get to in the first place and it will usually go through. I usually view the site on my android phone. Got the NGC app installed. I dont own a computer. One of these days im going to buy one. 

On 10/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I just moved around a bit and logged off washed my cookie's and browser and came back on ,

Exactly.  Do as J P suggests.  Clear your Browser's History & Cache & Cookies.  If you use a really good Anti Virus there may be a one step button that does all of this.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:18 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Exactly.  Do as J P suggests.  Clear your Browser's History & Cache & Cookies.  If you use a really good Anti Virus there may be a one step button that does all of this.

DONE!  I will see how this works now.  Thanks for the advice Alex and @J P Mashoke. I have also had the same thing pop up on my iPhone numerous times so I will do the same erasing thing here too.

On 10/30/2021 at 3:24 PM, Alex in PA. said:

It only comes up on the website www.ngcoin.com where it changes it to www.ngccoin.com/install.  Don't know why it chose this site unless someone with a grudge.  Commonly referred to in Computer speak as a 'Hijacker'.  They over ride NGC to get you to install their program.

Ran a Whois on the domain...

Domain Name: NGCOIN.COM "
Registry Domain ID: 127494259_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.maprilis.com.vn
Registrar URL: http://www.maprilis.com.vn
Updated Date: 2021-08-17T07:35:47Z
Creation Date: 2004-08-16T21:52:02Z Registry Expiry Date: 2022-08-16T21:52:02Z
Registrar: APRIL SEA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Registrar IANA ID: 1475
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: admin@maprilis.net
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 2128731170
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS111373.ZTOMY.COM
Name Server: NS211373.ZTOMY.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2021-10-30T07:20:24Z <<<

Where does the domain name.vn come from?

• The domain name registry for .vn is the Vietnam Internet Network Information Center ( VNNIC ). In 2003, the company Dot VN, Inc. signed an agreement with VNNIC allowing it to market the vn domain name abroad.
Edited by EdG_Ohio