• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 proof 70 American Innovation Pennsylvania
1 1

17 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, Treeman said:

Why is this coin, in 70, so hard to find? Was it lower mintage than the others?

Don’t “Salk” over it. Same thing with 2019 Northern Marianas ATB West Point quarters. Much harder to find in MS66 and up compared with the other 4.

Just received my 2021 proof set and the Innovation Dollar is the worst coin in the set. Most if not all coins in this set are toning with haze already. Might send it back not sure yet.

Edited by numisport

On 11/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, numisport said:

Just received my 2021 proof set and the Innovation Dollar is the worst coin in the set. Most if not all coins in this set are toning with haze already. Might send it back not sure yet.

Your regular proof set had an American Innovations dollar in it? News to me. There is a separate proof set for them, and this year, the reverse proofs too.

The 2021 innovation proof set i got in the mail is very nice. Every coin is flawless. Cant wait till the reverse proofs come out. Ive been collecting the whole series. So far i have all them in pf and rp. Planning on keeping them all in the OGP. Be a great collection to pass down to my grandchildren one of these days if i ever have any. The beauty of this series is you can easily get them from the mint and they are affordable. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 11/2/2021 at 4:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Your regular proof set had an American Innovations dollar in it? News to me. There is a separate proof set for them, and this year, the reverse proofs too.

Sorry I will look again tonight. Whatever the dollar coin was the quality was poor and I will return it for exchange. Will post images tonight if I remember.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, Hoghead515 said:

The 2021 innovation proof set i got in the mail is very nice. Every coin is flawless. Cant wait till the reverse proofs come out. Ive been collecting the whole series. So far i have all them in pf and rp. Planning on keeping them all in the OGP. Be a great collection to pass down to my grandchildren one of these days if i ever have any. The beauty of this series is you can easily get them from the mint and they are affordable. 

Glad you like these but I'm not to thrilled about U.S. Mint stuff these days. I do like my 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars though which appear flawless. Also have the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle Designer set that was limited to 100,000 I think. Coins are near flawless but packaging is cheap and substandard compared to the other nice 2 coin Silver Eagle sets from recent years.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:26 AM, numisport said:

Sorry I will look again tonight. Whatever the dollar coin was the quality was poor and I will return it for exchange. Will post images tonight if I remember.

I stand corrected. My 2021 standard proof set has one Native American Dollar coin and most coins in this set are already hazy toned. Still not sure if I will exchange them.WIN_20211103_17_37_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.a0da8eaf38dd5f1e03a901e0f3ebfcb6.jpg

On 11/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, numisport said:

I stand corrected. My 2021 standard proof set has one Native American Dollar coin and most coins in this set are already hazy toned. Still not sure if I will exchange them.WIN_20211103_17_37_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.a0da8eaf38dd5f1e03a901e0f3ebfcb6.jpg

...plus the Tuskegee and the Washington Crossing quarters, right?

On 11/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, numisport said:

Wow!!!  Those are hazed over. Espically the dime and nickle. I believe id try see if they will do an exchange. Looks like some of the old proof sets i have from the 1970s. 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, VKurtB said:

Somebody who should know suggested I try to soak (NO RUBBING!!!!) some hazy proof coins in full strength Windex.  He claims it is very similar to what some places use for “conservation”. I have a 2x2x9 box of proof singles, some of which are hazy. Imatryit.

Let us know how how it works out if u do. Good luck my friend. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, VKurtB said:

...plus the Tuskegee and the Washington Crossing quarters, right?

Yes that is what I have, both quarters with hazy toning. I do like the new quarter though because the obverse has returned to original design which gives the impression of higher relief. I think I will keep these because the hazy blue tone is attractive on all (except the dollar coin).

[Uh-oh! Watch out! Mad scientists carrying hot 🔥 steaming flasks and wearing protective gear are out and about, but remember...

1. Past results do not guarantee future outcomes;
  2. Certain restrictions apply: liquid concoctions applied under direct sun- or lamplight also 🤔 will haze or otherwise leave a residue on plastics, metals or glass;
  3. Your experience may differ.

Hikurangi Margin may be small but reputational blast radius is incalculable and sometimes even irreversible. Exercise care!]

🐓 

Does anyone know the reasons why the Proof 2019 American Innovation Pennsylvania Dollar does not typically grade as a 70? I am considering sending a few 2019 Innovation Proof sets in but don't want to if I know the PA dollar will be a 69. Does anyone know what causes so many to be 69 instead of 70 unlike the other 2019 Innovation Dollars? Is there a way for me to rule some of the ones I might send in out?