• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off topic - But just plain fun...no collectors, no collections.

24 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, RWB said:

That should be the Montana state bird -- and on their state quarter !

I would be in complete favor of that, Roger!  A nice Deinonychus with its majestic plumage would be a huge improvement over a dead bison's head which is somehow larger than mountains floating in the sky.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:45 PM, RWB said:

Will they have a table at the next ANA?

I hope so.  And I hope that they advocate to get the former Zerbe award named for them.  The ANA Appalachiosaurus Distinguished Service Award.......it has a nice ring to it, don't you think?  And I don't think we have to worry too much about the Appalachiosaurus having some rather unpleasant skeletons coming out of its closet once its name is on the award, unless it is indeed the one selling some of our "friends" here the "coins" that they see fit to grace us with from time to time or engaged in sketchy business practices at its Georgian convenience store.

On 10/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, RWB said:

Will they have a table at the next ANA?

The one where the legal counsel explains why the ANA can’t do the stuff you want them to, yeah.

On 10/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, RWB said:

Gosh....that's a mouthful !

;)

Start it in 2023, when the ANA show is near the Appalachians. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, RWB said:

Reminds me of the guy running a shabby convenience store in NW. GA.....

RWB....... I am in complete disbelief here at your comment which I know was directed towards yours truly!  I completely resemble that statement, sir!!!! How dare you liken me to a Georgia hillbilly running a shabby store in GA??? (but I have thought about opening a reputable coin store around here....) just sayin...:)

On 10/29/2021 at 11:41 AM, VKurtB said:

That'd be perfect!! We can have the placeholder award until 2023 and then it's the Year of the Appalachiosaurus!!!

On 10/29/2021 at 11:41 AM, ronnie stein said:

I think GBrad lives next to that convenience store in Georgia. Greg, part ownership? Just Kidding, Detective Bradford.  

Yes, Greg.....are you Appalachiosaurus' business partner?  But, hey, if you are, I'm envious!! Even though it's been dead for 66 million years, it's having a much more exciting life than I am!!!! lol

~Tom

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mohawk said:

That'd be perfect!! We can have the placeholder award until 2023 and then it's the Year of the Appalachiosaurus!!!

I'm digging it.... (kinda like a dinosaur...) you get it??  (ok.... drumroll please.....🙄)

On 10/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, GBrad said:

I'm digging it.... (kinda like a dinosaur...) you get it??  (ok.... drumroll please.....🙄)

That's amazing!!!! I love it!! And I'm thrilled to death that Appalachiosaurus has become a minor celebrity on the NGC Boards!! 

On 10/29/2021 at 11:41 AM, VKurtB said:

And yes Kurt..... please let's do wait until it comes around to our neck of the woods, great proposal!  I don't have the means or funds to travel far from my Appalachian Country territory... That is unless a 1974 aluminum LMC were to roll out of one of my bank wrapped rolls.....  Hey.... Ya gotta dream big, crazier things have happened!!!! (Yes, I know... keep on a dreaming and dreaming is exactly what that is..)😞

Edited by GBrad

On 10/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, GBrad said:

And yes Kurt..... please let's do wait until it comes around to our neck of the woods, great proposal!  I don't have the means or funds to travel far from my Appalachian Country territory... That is unless a 1974 aluminum LMC were to roll out of one of my bank wrapped rolls.....  Hey.... Ya gotta dream big, crazier things have happened!!!! (Yes, I know... keep on a dreaming and dreaming is exactly what that is..)😞

Long chain of mountains, though. I’m talking about Pittsburgh, as in PA (includes the h), not TN, (without the h.)

On 10/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Long chain of mountains, though. I’m talking about Pittsburgh, as in PA (includes the h), not TN, (without the h.)

Yes, very long chain of beautiful mountains for sure. I'd be hard pressed to ever leave them.  However, depending on how you pronounce Georgia, such as Ghaawgha (as some of our lovely Deep Southern ladies do) it could very well contain an h.