• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disgusted with the US Mint again!(Resolved)
1 1

10 posts in this topic

problem resolved by Customer Service,

After receiving a confirmed order for a 2021 Peace Dolllar, today I get this email. Grrr

Not only did they purposely withhold production, make ordering ridiculously impossible and even if you have a confirmed order, they can’t deliver. I’m done with them! Calling them dies nothing, you get a recording about using the web page to check order status then a busy signal.

D07937C5-4A94-4B7A-954A-886AB174754C.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Correction

On 10/27/2021 at 2:02 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

today I get this email. Grrr

Sorry about that @Mr.Bill347  Several people ATS were complaining of receiving 'Bad News' EMails.  I am not surprised as long ago I got the 'Shaft' from the US Mint and have read lots of complaints over the past few years.  Again, sorry about that and I hope somehow they make it right.

Edited by Alex in PA.

I don't understand.  They have the Dies and they have the Silver and there was rumors they would make Morgans after 2021.  They can't run another production or is this 'Let's make some more rare coins.' again?

I'm glad you got it worked out; being a worrier, I was concerned that my credit card would be hacked in the months between the orders and the shipment.  I don't know what else the Mint can do; I'd rather they not charge my card months before they ship, and they did make good on your order once you called them.

Perhaps you could edit your first post on this thread?

On 10/27/2021 at 2:55 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Morpheus that is Exactly what happened. Is this from the voice of experience? My CC was hacked in October and I received a new one and immediately updated my account on the USMint account. I did call customer service as if I was placing an order, 40 minutes of snappy guitar music on hold, then a rep answered. He had me enter my correct number  on a secure line, then said the order would now process after 1-2 business days. Thank you for the heads up, I might not have been able to get my coin had you not spoken up. I thank you Morpheus!

Bill

Glad it worked out!

On 10/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, Alex in PA. said:

They can't run another production

No they can't run another production run, they have reached the authorized limit.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:55 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Morpheus that is Exactly what happened. Is this from the voice of experience?

It is just something we have seen happen before, usually with items that people have subscriptions for.  In this case since they did these as pre-sales with a long lead time between sale and charging of the cards some peoples cards have expired or as you your case they were hacked and changed and the card declined when the mint attempted to process the order.  You aren't to only person who has reported getting this email.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, Conder101 said:

No they can't run another production run, they have reached the authorized limit.

It is just something we have seen happen before, usually with items that people have subscriptions for.  In this case since they did these as pre-sales with a long lead time between sale and charging of the cards some peoples cards have expired or as you your case they were hacked and changed and the card declined when the mint attempted to process the order.  You aren't to only person who has reported getting this email.

Conder there is still time to get one.

065312F1-183E-43A4-9B6A-E873D737AF30.jpeg

Not interested.  The only one I was interested in was the Peace dollar and only if they made a proof version.  When they didn't I lost all interest.  As a rule I don't do modern stuff, but if they had made the Peace in proof I was going to get one for my 20th century proof type set.