• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok guys can I have one more attempt ?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I’m sorry I wouldn’t let it go., not that big of a deal. I already had an NGC MS63, actually everyone is right, there are a lot of circulation marks, low luster, digs, etc. that’s why they do what they do and are darned good at it.

let’s all move on. On another topic I’m close to a closing a good price on an 1887 Queen Victoria jubilee double Florin with a Roman “1”. Keep your fingers crossed for me,

Thanks everyone, if you want to see one, look this one up on EBay, currently at $29

Bill

77DD9BEC-C720-410D-ACEC-6C0503EB7BDD.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Picture

On 10/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Jblindy said:

I am very curious why y’all say this is not a low MS coin? 

The first thing I look at is the reverse the eagle chest feathers and the wreath for wear then the obverse for around the ear and cotton ball wear, These are high points in the coin and then I work my way around from those items. There are many other things to look for but those are my first items.  

On 10/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, VKurtB said:

The good news is that it looks more authentic than the 2021 Morgans do. 

Yes indeed.  And it doesn't have a stupid looking privy mark on the reverse, either.

@Mr.Bill347, just for the record, we still love you brother (strictly man-love that is):)! Regardless of coins, you have a great sense of humor.  Quoting your comment on another forum post, "Hell, I can't even get a MS out of the guys here......" made me laugh out loud in a purely friendly and humorous context.  I love that you posted this one again in hopes of a better response, shows resilience for sure and I like that trait!  Sorry it didn't turn out better this time Bill but I know you will continue to hunt and collect and ultimately I'm sure all of this will not only help you out, as I know it did me in my grading skills, but other collectors as well in what to look for on these Morgans (see there, you contributed more than you ever knew or may have thought about).  Good luck buddy!!(thumbsu