• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1878 Rev 78 7TF Vam 195A submission question

4 posts in this topic

Looking to submit, first to conservation and then to be graded and Slabbed. Appears to have been artificially toned and cleaned. I'm positive it is a details coin unfortunately. However I love the fact that I was able to cherry pick this at a local pawn shop. Is there any way to add the attribute of the Broken D to the slab, from my understanding VAM195A is not accepted by you all. 

Screenshot_20211026-120234~2.png

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I can't say whether your coin is a VAM-195a or not, but that's not an NGC-eligible variety in any case. Please refer to the table of VAMs NGC will attribute:

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/dollars/morgan-dollars-1878-1921/?page=1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:43 AM, DWLange said:

I can't say whether your coin is a VAM-195a or not, but that's not an NGC-eligible variety in any case. Please refer to the table of VAMs NGC will attribute:

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/dollars/morgan-dollars-1878-1921/?page=1

Thank you for your response. I have already reviewed the accepted VAMs, However with it being a broken D I was wondering if there was any way to have anything special added to the certification. I have verified that it is VAM195A as it has all the marks and indicators. I understand they won't list this VAM, but, if there is any other way to add something to it I would like to. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Minor hub flaws are pretty common with Morgan Dollars, so it would not be noted on the label.