Counterfeit 1793 Goof Off test/2021 W 1/4 oz Unpolished dies
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Wow ummm ūü§Ē ok, so now let's resort to calling me a liar ūü§•.

I bought this of eBay for $31 plus shipping,,, oh wow that's a big loss..

The cross, I've told the story on both said items, now it's all based on if you believe me.

Anyways whatever floats your boat.

Thanks for your opinions

PS I think goof off is like $5,,, think you can handle that :)

Edited by SlickCoins

Hey all good evening :)

Silvercross11 has another for sale same cost,,, nowhere near the quality of mine in my opinion.

So if they could make mine versus this why wouldn't they?

Thanks all

Screenshot_20211108-190417423_1.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-190408383_1.jpg

Edited by SlickCoins

so now let's resort to calling me a liar

Well....you're speaking untruths.  That 1793 cent isn't real.  You've been told it isn't real numerous times.  But you're saying it's real, which is not true.  If you actually thought it was real, you would have sent it to NGC, PCGS or ANACS by now.  Doing so would be a no brainer for a coin that would have the value that a real 1793 cent in that condition would have.  You haven't done so. You won't send it off for grading, which tells me that you know it isn't real.  You dipped it in Goof-Off, which is further evidence that you know the coin isn't real as doing such a thing with a genuine 1793 cent would be an act of sheer lunacy.  Yet you keep saying it's real.  It's not and your actions show that you definitely know that it is not.  Yes, I would have to say that would be considered lying.

Edited by Mohawk

I know I haven't sent it yet,,, also I said I think it's real yes,,, that doesn't make it so,,, also yes I said you pretty much called me a liar "you said I bought the cross" you are incorrect kind sir,,, the cross was my grandfathers.

I know I shouldn't have asked, but really why make something with pits in it when you can make mine like you all are saying?

Thanks

On 11/8/2021 at 10:35 PM, SlickCoins said:

I know I haven't sent it yet,,, also I said I think it's real yes,,, that doesn't make it so,,, also yes I said you pretty much called me a liar "you said I bought the cross" you are incorrect kind sir,,, the cross was my grandfathers.

I know I shouldn't have asked, but really why make something with pits in it when you can make mine like you all are saying?

Thanks

Okay, fine.  You claim your grandfather had the cross.  I don't know where you got it, so that's fine.  I'll apologize for saying you bought the cross.  I can admit I was wrong there based on what you said about its origin with the caveat that you definitely have some credibility issues in this community.  And the fact remains that I personally don't believe you about the cross due to its appearance and your credibility issues within this community. But that changes nothing about what I said regarding you and the "coin" at all.  All I can say is send it in and prove me wrong.  

Edited by Mohawk

Well can I ask how my creditability got so shot, I posted nothing but the truth, I'm the one who said it was bought as a reproduction,,, in my opinion that shouldn't have done anything to my creditability.

I'm brutally honest about everything/dipping/coin roll hunting and yes my deceased grandfathers cross.

Shoot idk how I can build credit, not like I can start a secured credit card, what should I do? I mean to build my creditability.

Thanks

Edited by SlickCoins

I don't know if you can, Slick.  You really started off bad with those long, rambling posts that were complete and utter indecipherable nonsense.  And then the 1793 Cent thing and some of the other coin stuff you've posted.......you've really dug yourself a hole.  At this point, I think you'd have to send that 1793 cent in and have it come back genuine and even then, I don't know if that would repair your credibility all the way.  You have a reputation of being a pretty notorious troll around here from this stuff.  I can't really tell you how to fix it.  I mean, your posts have gotten far more coherent than they use to be and that's a step in the right direction, I suppose.  Basically, I think you'd have to find ways to prove us wrong about you.  Sending that 1793 cent in for certification or dropping the topic completely would likely be a good start, I can say that much.

Edited by Mohawk

On 11/8/2021 at 10:45 PM, SlickCoins said:

Well can I ask how my creditability got so shot, I posted nothing but the truth, I'm the one who said it was bought as a reproduction,,, in my opinion that shouldn't have done anything to my creditability.

I'm brutally honest about everything/dipping/coin roll hunting and yes my deceased grandfathers cross.

Shoot idk how I can build credit, not like I can start a secured credit card, what should I do? I mean to build my creditability.

Thanks

How did your credibility get so bad?  By trolling the board. 

If someone truly believed they had a 6 figure coin and all they had to do in order to collect is send for authentication, why don't they.

You put on a good act, but I don't think it's possible for an adult to be so clueless. You already brought up the " same guy who sold mine has another one for sale".  At least be creative next time.

I don't think your credibility is bad, it's non-existent

BTW:  You still owe me the answer for the weight of of a gold cent.  :whistle:

Edited by Oldhoopster

I'm not a pro,,, I'll take a unedumacated guess ummmmmmkkkay :)

A cent made of solid gold would be around 6.43grams give or take, yeah too much info spoiled the answer, therefore I just simply divided 19.3 by 3.

Along to the good stuff, yeah my research here is done,,, well I mean obsolete when there's a creditability issue.

Therefore without further adieu,, I'll be stopping with the nonsense as you all call it.

No this doesn't mean anyone is wrong, it just simply shows me the door ūüö™.

I'm totally grateful for the info I've received :)

Anyways have a great one, no hard feelers

Thanks all

On 11/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, Oldhoopster said:

Best of luck with your future endeavours 

No need to update us on the authenticity of your 1793 cent. A coin of that rarity and importance will surely merit a press release from ANACS or wherever you send it

Indeed.  Especially in that grade.  We'll hear about it from ANACS or NGC for sure.