Counterfeit 1793 Goof Off test/2021 W 1/4 oz Unpolished dies
1 1

71 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, SlickCoins said:

No sir no typo 😁,,, in my opinion this coin is real.

You didn't think I'd go threw all this to the end and then take everything with a grain of salt,,,,, hmmm yeah that sounds easier that's for sure but that's simply not in the ----script.

The one posted by our fellow member is the one I used.

Thanks all

Oh dear. :facepalm:

Edited by Mohawk

On 10/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Mohawk said:

They said to use the Goof-Off to get sticker residue off of a slab. 

I ersonally have used Goo Gone on slabs with complete success and no after problems.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I ersonally have used Goo Gone on slabs with complete success and no after problems.

On slabs with residue, Goo Gone is a great tool.  I've used it myself on Capital Plastics holders that people have stuck labels on and it cleans them right up.  

Edited by Mohawk

Oh I could totally get us new photos for everything in question which would be 10x's better.

Also with the amount of file work and attention to details, yes I truly do 💯% think it's real, in my opinion a counterfeiter wouldn't go threw this much effort for that little of a reward, also it doesn't match anything hmmm,,,,,, wonder why?

I'll take it to an authorized place soon and see what this one pro thinks coin in hand.

Then I'll report back my findings :)

Thanks all

On 10/26/2021 at 4:01 PM, SlickCoins said:

No sir no typo 😁,,, in my opinion this coin is real.

You didn't think I'd go threw all this to the end and then take everything with a grain of salt,,,,, hmmm yeah that sounds easier that's for sure but that's simply not in the --script.

The one posted by our fellow member is the one I used.

Thanks all

The coin is not real. 100% certainty.

Let's just say it's fake, it's been called a dam good one,,,, hmmm wonder why not make thousands of them.

It's fake or so you all say sight unseen,,, hmmm unless you all have seen it up close I mean another fake,,,, kinda hard to agree with you all.

Yes Breen information=====bad info,,,, yeah that don't float.

Oh it's not in our books and for that year Master Engraver is unknown,,,, yet the coin you all select as the SP Special Presentation piece,,, looks like apprentices made it.

The font and devices are wrong,,, which is funny cause I found chain cent with same font.

$400,000+ reasons why this isn't hmmm yet since you all say so,,, it's fake sight unseen.

Anyways just my opinions

Thanks all

On 10/28/2021 at 10:42 AM, JKK said:

Neither will happen. As long as he can count on getting everyone all worked up just by posting something outrageous, he'll probably continue.

Yeah.....you're right.  We need to start ignoring him again.  That's the only remedy here.  But I for one would love to see ol' Slicky there waste a pile of money submitting that fake piece of garbage that he annihilated with Goof-Off.  It would serve him right. 

First off I'm not advocating for people to use on anything on their coins.

Second I'm not here to try to get a rise out of anyone, it's just a coin or whatever you all wanna call it.

Third I respect everyone's opinions even if I don't like them.

Fourth I said I'm going to have it looked at in person then report my findings.

You all make it sound like as if I'm doing this intentionally, when in fact I'm learning a bunch, thou I do agree and have from instant one that this coin is way out there lol way further than all my other coins.

I'm sorry if you all feel like I'm trolling, in my opinion it's kinda hard to troll a coin but I can see how you all could come to that conclusion.

Again sorry and thanks all

PS I dipped it well over a couple weeks ago :)

Edited by SlickCoins

Yes I'll admit it, keeping this one alive is like kicking a grain of salt, hmmm or is it....

I care so much about that I'd buck the system in the name of naming the unknown, on that basis alone.

Yes I'm guilty of keeping this alive and challenging the pros and experts of our fine industry.

Yes I'm guilty of reading an older book for my information, whereas you all are guilty of trying to cancel the older books, I don't know which one is worse lol I know somehow I've got in the middle of this super controversial position.

I won't lie, last I heard bout book burning or cancelling wasn't a good time in our history.

Anyways you're right it's like kicking the can of controversy...

Sorry all, and thanks all

My references are the oops part of the Breen encyclopedia,,, I so agree just based on what it could be, I mean the rarity part :)

Also it's called dipping which don't ask me how it doesn't count as cleaning cause I agree,,, cleaning of any kind is not good.

On this coin I'd probably say the dip made the coin look more real in hand,,, not saying do it, and I'd ask you all first 🥇 hmmm which I'm pretty sure I did.

I'm totally not trying to be against anyone or some kind of troll sent to bug everyone, I've just got questions and in my opinion and experience you all are the best thus far in answering any of them.

I truly do honor the information you all have given me :) and all I've learned.

Again I know my coins and supposed relic are just that,,, of course I've got my opinions,, in the end of the day they are just that till proven otherwise.

Thanks all

Edited by SlickCoins

Yes I agree knowledge is a powerful thing so naturally I'll consume as much as possible.

Well I fully intend to submit it to either ANA or ANACS for authentication hopefully, not sure thou the price tag if real might be an issue for a poor boy like me, then after more thinking I'd like it to be graded by the best which means,,,,

I'd want Roger and crew to grade it, yes even after all this I know knowledge is power and I'd be a fool to go elsewhere.

Of course the coin if it is anything would go right into consignment, cause there's no way I got this kind of money.

Great question

Yeah I'm not sure when, where and how

Thanks all

On 11/5/2021 at 11:56 PM, SlickCoins said:

Yes I agree knowledge is a powerful thing so naturally I'll consume as much as possible.

Well I fully intend to submit it to either ANA or ANACS for authentication hopefully, not sure thou the price tag if real might be an issue for a poor boy like me, then after more thinking I'd like it to be graded by the best which means,,,,

I'd want Roger and crew to grade it, yes even after all this I know knowledge is power and I'd be a fool to go elsewhere.

Of course the coin if it is anything would go right into consignment, cause there's no way I got this kind of money.

Great question

Yeah I'm not sure when, where and how

Thanks all

Submission info ANACS.  If you hurry, you can get it to the Post Office today.

https://www.anacs.com/anacsservices.aspx

The ANA doesn't authenticate or grade coins

Trust me a couple hundred wouldn't even phase me,,, I was told by PCGS that if it's real that the cost would be expensive.

Very easy to find out, the percentage on top the grading cost, is what I meant.

I know you've all made your professional and expert opinions based on my photos,,, if only the world worked like that, who knows might be a better place.

Pictures do say thousands of words, thou in my opinion none outweighs the in hand approval.

The poor boy comment was a reference to the Templars :)

Thanks all hope everyone is having an awesome weekend

On 11/6/2021 at 9:39 AM, Oldhoopster said:

Submission info ANACS.  If you hurry, you can get it to the Post Office today.

https://www.anacs.com/anacsservices.aspx

The ANA doesn't authenticate or grade coins

All of this.  Send the stupid thing in already.  Quit running your mouth and do it.

Edited by Mohawk