• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 nickel D and S MM
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I know this coin is on its last limb , it has seen it's days lol. Would this be considered something or is that not a S showing. I think my eyes are fooling with me. Thanks with any info.

20211020_141941.jpg

20211020_142548.jpg

20211020_142652.jpg

I know what you think you're seeing.  I see it to but..............You would have to research to see if there is a 1947 D/S but according to the PCGS Price Guide there's a 47D and a 47S but no D/S.  Sorry.  Keep up the hunt.

There are no 1947 OMMs listed on www.doubleddie.com or www.varietyvista.com  

I think whatever you see is either an artifact from a worn die (looks like there may be radial flow lines) or some light corrosion along with the usual circulation wear and tear.  

Hi Joe!!

As the others have said, I could find no listings for a 1947 D/S Jefferson.  I think that your mintmark is showing a combination of die deterioration and heavy wear from over 70 years in circulation.

I hope this helps!!

~Tom