• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Morgans Starting to Ship
1 1

89 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Oh, let the celebrations begin!  Here and ATS they are just hoping up and down at getting their bright and shiny 'Privy Mark' bullion coins,  Don't forget to send them for Grading and Slabbing.  

It's always amusing when someone goes to the trouble to post his disdain for a product that is getting so many others excited.  I'm hoping [sic] up and down over your superiority!  :)

Edited by 124Spider

So far ATS there are only 10 saying their orders are "Processing".  But several also say:

Has anyone had their order for the CC and O changed? I have an order for 2 of each (on the same order). It appears to be processing for one each But still says 2 on the order. The amount billing on the CC is half of what it should be.

On EBay at this very moment.  Mint charges $85.00 for 1 ounce of Silver that most dealers charge $40.00.  I'd say some folks are gonna be happy sellers.

2021 CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR WITH CC PRIVY MARK *Confirmed Order* Lot of 5

Price  US $1,625.00  

$85.00 at the Mint = $340.00  not a bad profit huh?

On 10/19/2021 at 6:05 PM, Alex in PA. said:

On EBay at this very moment.  Mint charges $85.00 for 1 ounce of Silver that most dealers charge $40.00.  I'd say some folks are gonna be happy sellers.

2021 CC MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR WITH CC PRIVY MARK *Confirmed Order* Lot of 5

Price  US $1,625.00  

$85.00 at the Mint = $340.00  not a bad profit huh?

Isn’t it something! I should be getting my $85 coin soon (hopefully) and right behind it, the Peace dollar. I hate the way the USMint has gone to pre-ordering. It just creates unrealistic product demand.

I just happened to notice that you are from Lock Haven. I may be one of the few that actually knows Lockhaven! I used to work for a company out of Raleigh that administered the computer system at Lock Haven hospital. Been there more than a few times. The admistrator was quite an ogre back then. Another friend I have locally grew up in Lock Haven.

what was the long standing wool factory there I used to visit. Wool rich If I recall.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

what was the long standing wool factory there I used to visit. Wool rich If I recall.

Woolrich Wollen Mill in the village of Woolrich.  When I was young it was the go to place for a hunting coat.  There was none finer; warm and water proof.  Today everything is 'Made in China'.  Breaks my heart.  

Don't know if your getting 'Keepers' or going for the resale.  Either way it appears as of now you will make a decent profit.  They are not budging an inch on EBay.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

they have 2021 type 2 ASE for $32.99!

That is about what Pinehurst Coins, dealt with for years, is selling to Type 2 for.  Type 1 for $39.50.

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:15 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Oh, let the celebrations begin!  Here and ATS they are just hoping up and down at getting their bright and shiny 'Privy Mark' bullion coins,  Don't forget to send them for Grading and Slabbing.  

No, I refuse. OGP only. I don’t care if they obviously ARE MS70. I am NOT sending mine in. Not now, nor ever. I am VERY selective about what I send in. Or rather, HAND in. I submit coins in person.

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, Zebo said:

My Ds have shipped @VKurtB. My others will hopefully ship soon. 

Are we doing a CC for D swaparoo?

On 10/20/2021 at 1:35 AM, VKurtB said:

No, I refuse. OGP only. I don’t care if they obviously ARE MS70. I am NOT sending mine in. Not now, nor ever. I am VERY selective about what I send in. Or rather, HAND in. I submit coins in person.

Good!

They are all essentially "MS-70", will never be otherwise, and are little more than shiny crow-bait. (Yeah, the 2 I ordered have shipped, but I don't expect much from the "mush Mint."

On 10/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, Zebo said:

Yep.

Cool. My CC privy just hit my card. Thanks for doing this. My kid will probably end up living in Denver, … PENNSYLVANIA. Turnpike exit 286.

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/19/2021 at 4:15 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Well, not much has changed in the past couple of days but I guess there wasn't as much enthusiasm as I expected.  Over ATS, which I thought would have 'hundreds' commenting on this, it turned out to be a fizzle.  10 comments on the 2021 Morgan Dollar and only a weak 2 on the 2021 Peace Dollar.  Complaints about order quantities being changed; typical business technique of the US Mint.  Plenty of big time postings on EBay; if one is willing to pay a thousand plus dollars.  Some dealers are willing to accept Bitcoin for those endeared by Crypto Currency.   So, a hearty good luck to all.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1065236/2021-peace-dollar-21xh-processing#lates

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1065236/2021-peace-dollar-21xh-processing#latest

On 10/22/2021 at 5:29 AM, EARLY-COMMEM-HUNTER said:

Philly Morgan and Peace moved to processing. Looks like they’re all gonna roll out about the same time. 

Mine too. I wonder if they are planning on shipping them all together.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:54 PM, 124Spider said:

All my orders are still "processing."  How does it look?

It looks like I thought it would - technically almost TOO perfect. If you’re expecting a “Morgany Morgan”, you may be disappointed. I believe this one is a MS70. But it just looks, I dunno, dead and uninteresting?

It’s not one, but you know what it looks like? A Chinese fake Morgan.

Edited by VKurtB