• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 DDO Penny inquiry!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Had this DDO coin with a die crack at 1:00 o' clock down to 3:00 and it looks like there's also a broad struck at 9:00 o' clock, but my concern if is this damage? Just wondering if this coin still worth anything?

Thanks for any inputs!

10E415CA-381F-482B-A867-B781411CFD47.thumb.jpeg.3d47c9909f03a3dd1243e87c94557109.jpeg

8803B5F7-2605-44C3-A1F9-37202ED20F0C.jpeg

D34D2D26-6C0C-4CDD-BABC-A0CD7FABA192.jpeg

Any chance of getting a better pic of the obverse? I'm trying to decide if I see a dropped letter but the pics are too terrible for me to discern if there is something there. Since I can't tell I'm going to play the odds and say there is nothing and the coin is worth $0.01 U.S..

Which DDO is it? Again, new pics please.

You stated that it's a DDO, but it's nearly impossible to tell from your pics.  The following sites have an extensive lists of doubled dies.  Did you check to see if yours is an exact match to any of them? 

(BTW, since doubled dies are due to a mistake in the die manufacturing process, all coins struck from those dies will have the same characteristics.  Close=You don't have it)

Www.doubleddie.com

Www.varietyvista.com

Let us know which one you have

I'm not seeing any kind of actual error or variety on that cent.  It just looks like a damaged, ugly, regular old 1972 Lincoln Cent worth a cent to me.

I'm in agreement with all the above.  Pics are not good enough to tell anything except for the nice looking heart shape hit on Linc's nose. It's definitely not the desired

1972 DDO FS-101 even with the dark pictures.  Even if it was one of the other eight DDO's for this year it wouldn't be worth much due to its condition.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Cresencio said:

Hey guys Thanks for the inputs! Ya its probably damaged, there is actually some doubling and that cracked so l thought it was DDO, but that's fine..

thanks!

7BC8A960-D8C4-4C73-B577-B2B6D96BEF44.jpeg

6FC2281E-FC1F-4997-8B78-52868E6E19A8.jpeg

Hang on a minute.  Now that you have produced a slightly better picture, at least with more light, I am a bit curious about the "crack" you are talking about.  I do see something going on there up under TRUST.  However, without much better, clear and sharp pics.....  No one here is going to be able to help you out.  Based on these pics, I will go out on a limb and say that I believe I do see a division, and/or crack (not meaning a worthless die crack), in the metal on your coin under TRUST. I will stop here, without further explanation, until you can supply much better close-up, clear and focused pictures of this area.  The coin is still riddled with damage but I do see something that has peaked my curiosity.

Edited by GBrad