• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know exactly when the Morgan’s will ship?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Whenever your coin ships from the mint, if they are using the USPS, I would add about 2-3 months if your luck is anything like mine......🙄.  Anyone else having issues with the Postal Service lately????? 

Wow.  I’m ready  to scream!!! Stupid website. Stupid me. 
guys I’ve been trying to sign in for a week.    

Anyway.  I have been on the phone with the mint. Following the other site. From what I can tell, look for shipping to change from best way to specific carriers. And as mentioned above, changing from backorder to processing. Also charges will appear on invoice, where now it’s zeroed out. If your credit card info is not showing (payment) they swear up and down they will email you and give 24-48 hours for you to call.  Now where was I.  Oh ya. Stupid website stupid grandpa 😂😉

On 10/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, VKurtB said:

Keep an eye on your order’s status on the Mint’s website. When it goes from Backordered to Processing, it’s moving. 

I have been watching the status for some time now it has stated processing for a good while.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

You have to completely log off and back on again then you can across the chats.

If so, and I don't doubt you, but then what's the reason to have the "Remember Me" checkbox?  

Processing like Cheese or a fine wine. Aged to perfection. Maybe even some toning going on. :roflmao:

On 10/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I have been watching the status for some time now it has stated processing for a good while.

I hate to say it, but they'll likely ship whenever the U.S. Mint feels like it and not a moment before.  That seems to be their M.O. these days.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:21 AM, RWB said:

The first Morgan silver dollars shipped out in March 1878. After that, I'm not sure.

The new version, designed by Bud Tugly, have shipped recently.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, James Zyskowski said:

There’s been many reports with pictures of funky coins. Loose capsules. Spots milk spots.  My cc ,

B2428D7F-BD58-4D29-B297-1CE78556FF5A.png

Oh that’s not good! Not good at all.

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Error

Go over to collectors forum and check the thread “ peace and Morgan flippers welcome.” There are pictures that will make you cry. Unbelievable scratches and scrapes big rubs on the cheek. Peace dollar that are posted look ok until you magnify spots and such. This forum is far superior to them but they can be useful for comparison. 
After much research I have learned that returned coins (to the mint) are absolutely melted in some odd cases stored at the “back” of the West Point vault but never used as current replacement stock. Thanks 🙏 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Go over to collectors forum and check the thread “ peace and Morgan flippers welcome.” There are pictures that will make you cry. Unbelievable scratches and scrapes big rubs on the cheek. Peace dollar that are posted look ok until you magnify spots and such. This forum is far superior to them but they can be useful for comparison. 
After much research I have learned that returned coins (to the mint) are absolutely melted in some odd cases stored at the “back” of the West Point vault but never used as current replacement stock. Thanks 🙏 

That  Awful Sad.  And the mint story sounds fishy to me. If they melt down the coins who is keeping track of the population of coins do they melt 1000 and then strike 1000 ,and after do they put them in holders that say { oops second strike } I mean they are still making emergency issue ASE strike coins a year later. :roflmao: It is all so confusing.  

On 10/30/2021 at 6:22 AM, J P Mashoke said:

That  Awful Sad.  And the mint story sounds fishy to me. If they melt down the coins who is keeping track of the population of coins do they melt 1000 and then strike 1000 ,and after do they put them in holders that say { oops second strike } I mean they are still making emergency issue ASE strike coins a year later. :roflmao: It is all so confusing.  

You are absolutely correct.  Over there there’s a big discussion about they do resell after re-inspection?  I have decided that I’ll let em fight it out ( their bringing out quotes and such). :kidaround:   Please note I love this forum and how special it is and referring  to the other forum (pcgs , by the way) I have a love and respect for them. Different versions of a wonderful subject and so blessed to have both 😉 
In answer to the question yes they are shipping. My peace dollar arrived 2 days early😳

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 10/29/2021 at 7:41 PM, James Zyskowski said:

There’s been many reports with pictures of funky coins. Loose capsules. Spots milk spots.  My cc ,

Mo

James, I got a loose capsule on my Morgan out of Philly. Not really sure what it did/does to quality, but I did not submit it for grading.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:52 PM, TRob ARob said:

James, I got a loose capsule on my Morgan out of Philly. Not really sure what it did/does to quality, but I did not submit it for grading.

I also got a Philly Morgan with a loose capsule (meaning that the top isn't tightly attached).

On 11/4/2021 at 12:38 PM, 124Spider said:

I also got a Philly Morgan with a loose capsule (meaning that the top isn't tightly attached).

My Morgan Cc was in the OGP and still was loose in the capsule. Fortunately I see no damage to the coin. I think the velvety case has too much flop room for the coin container so I expect we’ll hear this from others as well. I think I will call them and suggest they insert a foam strip in each box.

postscript:

I notified the US mint quality control dept of the proble and suggested that they insert a 2x2 styrofoam sheet in the case on top of the capsule and explained  that many are having this problem. Thank you 

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Ps