• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling here vs consigning to an auction house (HA, GC, etc) or eBay

3 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what the pros & cons are of selling here vs consigning to an auction house (HA, GC, etc) or simply listing on eBay?

Will the auction house route bring higher prices, in general? I know their fees vary. eBay's is around 12-13%.

Are there pros & cons on selling slabbed vs raw coins here?

Any pitfalls or gotchas?

When you consign to an auction house, they manage pretty much everything such as pictures and promotion of your items. Pretty much limited to certified coins though. Great Collections has the most competitive fees for selling IMO. On EBay, you are responsible for everything and their fees are really high. They do charge fees based on the sale price, but also on any shipping charges and taxes. They are however one of the largest audience bases in the world. 

On here, I have had some success selling to fellow collectors, but only with certified coins.

Simple Collector, thank you for the reply and info. I plan to only sell certified coins so hopefully there will be some interest. The forum seems light on viewership so we'll see. Certainly nowhere near the views one gets on eBay. Recently sold a coin there and their 'final fee' was around 12-13%.

In any case, I'll test the waters here with a listing and see how it goes.