• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone suggest something for this 1921 Morgan
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I bought a 1921 Morgan dollar, based on the dual picture attached. Upon receiving the coin, I discovered a big fat fingerprint right smack on Liberty’s cheek. Any suggestion of what I could try.? TIA

F23F307E-A5A9-4649-AF04-DDD226B4FD3C.jpeg

A6E588D4-E2E9-4BF6-9568-BA26637AC2D6.jpeg

On 10/10/2021 at 6:04 PM, Oldhoopster said:

Have you considered returning it to the seller?  They obviously knew there was a fingerprint, but chose to use a photo that misrepresented the appearance.  

Yep.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:20 PM, RWB said:

RE: "Can anyone suggest something for this 1921 Morgan"

Possibly flowers and a quiet memorial service....

;)

+ 1.  Cremation might prove umm, resource intensive. Funny, not that many years ago, all ‘21 Morgans were considered junk box coins. You couldn’t sell bulk Morgans at a decent price unless they were all ‘04 and earlier. 

1921 Morgans were Pittman Act creations, while 1904 and earlier were destroyed under the Pittman Act. 

Edited by VKurtB

As my Keynesian Econ professor would say, “don’t buy it”. As my Dad would say (an icon in the photo industry) “never trust photos”. 

Both taught me well. 

Edited by VKurtB

Hey Bill!  I have been down this road before. Sometimes and might I add, in this COVID time that in hand can be tuff. That’s what makes it hard to buy from pictures. From what I’ve seen you have also made some awesome buys so carry on my friend 👍🏼