• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Penny Question - Stood out!

36 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, Mohawk said:

Thank you.  I was commenting on the pestilential nature of those particular beasts :) 

And where does that pestilence come from? Predominately from YouTubers. And who does it infect? Predominately new collectors. And where do they go next? Here. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:24 PM, Coinzrus413 said:

stands out compared to others of the same year.  The edges of it are sharper and square.

How many people who have NOT suffered the pestilence use language like this? Most people can’t even conceptualize what square edges even are. His coin’s edges are NOT square at all. Sharp, maybe.

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, VKurtB said:

And where does that pestilence come from? Predominately from YouTubers. And who does it infect? Predominately new collectors. And where do they go next? Here. 

And that is absolutely 100% correct.  When I was here last, I went on a rant about YouTube coin people...they're the worst! They're to coin knowledge what Etsy is to coin selling!! I wish there was a way that YouTube could ban the bastards for spreading lies and misinformation, but that's not going to happen......YouTube is its own special brand of pestilence.

Edited by Mohawk

On 9/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, Mohawk said:

And that is absolutely 100% correct.  When I was here last, I went on a rant about YouTube coin people...they're the worst! They're to coin knowledge what Etsy is to coin selling!! I wish there was a way that YouTube could ban the bastards for spreading lies and misinformation, but that's not going to happen......YouTube is its own special brand a pestilence.

One reason I virtually never use it for ANYTHING. Facebook even less. The signal to garbage ratio is just unbelievably low.

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, VKurtB said:

One reason I virtually never use it for ANYTHING. Facebook even less. The signal to garbage ratio is just unbelievably low.

I only use YouTube to listen to music while I'm doing stuff on my computer and to watch nature videos.  That's it.  And Facebook I use for nothing.  I don't even have a Facebook account.  You're right again....Facebook is even worse than YouTube for the amount of BS spouted out into the world.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, Mohawk said:

I only use YouTube to listen to music while I'm doing stuff on my computer and to watch nature videos.  That's it.  And Facebook I use for nothing.  I don't even have a Facebook account.  You're right again....Facebook is even worse than YouTube for the amount of BS spouted out into the world.

I did once learn on YouTube how to change the in-tank fuel pump on a Subaru wagon. Step 1 - KEEP THE DARNED WINDOWS OPEN!

Edited by VKurtB