• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2004-D Golden Louisiana Jefferson 5c
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Finally found the "Golden Ticket". It also has i think possibly a die chip, between UNI and arm. I could get 1,000+ on esty, if interested please don't low ball me I know what I have ahahahah lol. :roflmao:please take advice on here ,don't believe anything on esty doh!

20210923_113055.jpg

20210923_113429.jpg

20210923_113512.jpg

On 9/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, J P Mashoke said:

How did you get that Nickel to turn gold.

Don't know, but still trying to figure out how they turned goose eggs into gold. Lol. Once I find out then surely I'll let out the secret. 

Hey Joe!

I wonder if you have a plated coin that got out into circulation.  There were a lot of sets of the Westward Journey nickels that were plated and sold by the usual culprits in things like that.  That's what it looks like to me, anyway.  Neat find in a roll for sure though.

~Tom

Heating clad coins will cause gold coloring as well. I baked a few recently just out of curiosity. 15 minutes at 350 and I had a dime about like this nickel and a quarter that was deep bright yellow gold. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, Woods020 said:

Heating clad coins will cause gold coloring as well. I baked a few recently just out of curiosity. 15 minutes at 350 and I had a dime about like this nickel and a quarter that was deep bright yellow gold. 

That's interesting to know, Woods.  I've never heard that before......after 22 years, I'm still learning stuff!

On 9/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, Mohawk said:

That's interesting to know, Woods.  I've never heard that before......after 22 years, I'm still learning stuff!

I can’t find the pictures now. I posted a thread a few months ago titled “today on cooking with coins” to show them. Funny how small things such as contact with many chemicals, in high heat, etc can cause such major changes. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:53 PM, Woods020 said:

I can’t find the pictures now. I posted a thread a few months ago titled “today on cooking with coins” to show them. Funny how small things such as contact with many chemicals, in high heat, etc can cause such major changes. 

Oh boy! Look for them at ridiculous prices on Etsy.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, VKurtB said:

I am tempted to put them in circulation and see if they pop up as a question on here

On 9/23/2021 at 11:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Oh yeah.....if Woods puts them out in circulation, it'll only be a matter of time before there's a "solid gold quarter with a Pac Man error" or some BS like that listed for $54,000 on Etsy.  Count on it.

Edited by Mohawk