• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So it’s not really coin but any ideas?

14 posts in this topic

Hi Thomas!

Well, my knowledge of U.S. currency is somewhat limited, what you have are some Silver Certificates (blue seals and serial numbers) and some United States Notes (red seals and serial numbers).  A lot of these notes are still quite common today, though you don't see them in circulation.  Going by your photos, you don't have any star notes, which are typically the notes that have decent premiums among these kinds of notes.  And that's all I can tell you.  I'm going to hope someone much more versed in U.S. currency jumps in here with more information.

This material has been saved in amazing quantities, and is therefore not rare. Even my first mother-in-law, now deceased, had a stash of it. Condition on these is EVERYTHING. These are not so great. The only thing missing here that also falls into this category is the massively saved but largely worthless “Barr dollars”.

All are in poor condition, no fancy #'s, no stars, no errors and no rarities, worth face value or a few dollars over to the right person. 

PMG Forum here: Forums - PMG Note Collectors Chat Boards (pmgnotes.com), PMG and NGC are affiliated if you have access to one you have access to the other. I'm on there everyday, not that anyone else is.... well, except Revenant. lol

On 9/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Last time I checked with the dealer near me he said if it has been folded it is worth face value.

I'd agree on anything modern but that stuff is old enough and rare enough to get a small premium.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:47 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

PMG Forum here: Forums - PMG Note Collectors Chat Boards (pmgnotes.com), PMG and NGC are affiliated if you have access to one you have access to the other. I'm on there everyday, not that anyone else is.... well, except Revenant. lol

hm no matter how true it may be I'm not sure I appreciate that. :roflmao: