• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punishment for counterfeiters - Medieval Version
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 8:09 PM, VKurtB said:

I have now gone longer having open submission forms coursing through the NGC machine continuously than at any time in my history in this field. All 4 of my PCGS crossovers are now back and at identical grades. My 14 Summer FUN submissions are still pending. The holdup is my British Crowns and my “ship together” order with two other forms.

have u received ur ANA submissions back yet?....i have received my 4 submissions back with the expected grades, submitting them in person has saved me 4-6 weeks n half of my shipping costs....just curious ur results....

On 9/22/2021 at 8:31 PM, zadok said:

have u received ur ANA submissions back yet?....i have received my 4 submissions back with the expected grades, submitting them in person has saved me 4-6 weeks n half of my shipping costs....just curious ur results....

Yep. My four crossovers were my ANA submission. All matched exactly the prior PCGS grades. They just look better in NGC slabs.

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, zadok said:

works for me.....

Come to think of it, EVERY coin I ever crossed to NGC, whether a true crossover, or one I cracked out from a third tier slabber, has crossed EXACTLY at NGC from the prior service. Never a single point different. 

I like to think it’s because I know how to grade, and I don’t rely on ICG or ANACS to “argue with” NGC over the grade. If NNC or some other basement firm says it’s a 63, I don’t send it to NGC unless I agree it’s a 63. It happens, not much, but it does happen.

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@VKurtB  It does my heart good to know you are able to freely engage in the numismatic pursuits of your desires unfettered by artificial constraints like a nine-to-five.

Retirement has not yet left me bereft of things to which to apply my talents. My cardio appointment has been held, and the EKG looks good. I have a CAT scan scheduled for November to take new measurements.