• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something Different
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Very nice!

U.S. commemoratives (1892 - 1954), according to some, are undervalued and could potentially see a significant increase in the future. I collect them because I like them. :bigsmile: 

I think you did pretty good at $43.

WC halves are fully equal to Iowa, S.Carolina, and BTW as the ugliest pieces of metal ever struck by the US Mint. All were treated with numismatic contempt when produced and finding just one coin largely free of marks is an accomplishment.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, RWB said:

WC halves are fully equal to Iowa, S.Carolina, and BTW as the ugliest pieces of metal ever struck by the US Mint. All were treated with numismatic contempt when produced and finding just one coin largely free of marks is an accomplishment.

That's funny I also thought it was the ugly duckling of coins. It has to be the most writing on a coin I have ever seen and yes they are always marked up or toned out ,but this one is really clean

S20210902_0002.jpg

S20210902_0003.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke