• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1776-1976 Quarter struck on 50c stock

7 posts in this topic

Looking to sell NGC Graded Bicentennial Quarter struck on 50c stock. Make offer, will trade for graded Morgan.  None of this type known to exist. 

NGC# 5954708-001

Contact info.

boyersteve373@gmail.com 

A bicentennial quarter thats struck on 50c stock. How can anyone put a price on this coin. Just the fact that its a bicentennial make it that much more desirable. I can't find a coin like it out there. Must be why NGC couldn't put a price on it. One of a kind coin and a bicentennial to boot.

At first I thought it was a quarter struck on a 50 cent planchet and I couldn't figure out how that would happen but now I see it was a quarter blank struck on 50 cent stock which would make it thicker. It wouldn't be one of a kind as  there would have to be more of them out there but how many would depend on how much stock was used before it was caught. It may be the only one certified by NGC but haven't checked to see if PCGS certified any. Still a nice find though

Suggest everyone check their bi-centennial quarters for thickness and weight.