• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying Eagle variety help

6 posts in this topic

1857 flying eagle Is this due  to me looking to hard, die clash, restrike or double die? Or all together somthing else? New to the whole variety and errors..i was just keeping coins that had eye appeal. Think i should stuck with that..lol thats for any help i can get

Capture+_2021-08-26-17-29-19.png

Capture+_2021-08-26-17-26-17.png

Capture+_2021-08-26-17-28-27.png

20210826_163101~2.jpg

Hmmmm. Can you post a good picture front and back of the coin cropped so that it fills in the screen? Nice and sharp. I think this one needs a closer look. 

Not sure if these will work. Not really thinking so but thought id post them to make sure this is the type  photos you've requested just of better clarity? And thank you ever so much for your time on this matter. Im not with the coin right this second these just what i have but when i get home ill see if i can get better quality photos. 

20210826_18_20_16~2.png

20210826_18_19_59~2.png

20210826_180849~3.jpg

20210826_163311~2.jpg

I don’t see anything out of the ordinary for a coin that old. What I do see is circulation damage.

I think as you say, you may be looking too hard for something that is not there.

It’s got a funny look. I would take greenstang’s word for it that it is ordinary. I was questioning authenticity. But it may just be circulation. It looks like it’s been in a tumbler or it’s cast. It’s stippled on the entire surface.