• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help please! - Digital copies of backdated numismatic periodicals

6 posts in this topic

In doing some research, I came across the citations for two articles that I would like to read, but I have no luck locating digital copies. I did locate a printed copy of the first, but it is being sold as a set for $25, and it seems impractical to spend that much for a single article that is only eight pages long. I checked NNP for both, but the search function is next to useless, and the only two Coin and Bulletin volumes they have for 1972 are not the correct issue.

Does anyone have a copy or a source for a copy of either of these articles? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brian Gould (1972) Noel-Alexandre Ponthon: Medallist and Minaturist (1769/70-1835) Seaby’s Coin and Medal Bulletin 1972 Seaby London pp 312-319

Brian Gould (1969) Monsieur Duret: Craftsman at Soho Numismatic Circular September 1969 Volume LXXVII Number 9 p 278.

Look for the publication on World Cat., identify a library with the issue you want, and request an interlibrary loan. This will cost about $3 per request. You can then make a copy at your local library.

I've found no PDF or other public use copies of the articles.

@RWBthis is an excellent idea! The librarian at my university is a fellow stats fanatic, and we know each other well from a few classes. I might send her an email to see if she can work some magic. She’s been able to find some relatively obscure material for me in the past, but it was all related to my area of study. 

A member of another forum suggested the ANA library. I may contact them first before making a request through my university.