• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More old J P junk
1 1

10 posts in this topic

lol Well it's not junk, but not worth a lot of money just fun stuff CHEEP  I got this set for $8 only because I liked the toned dimes in it .and a shiny looking 1943 steel but still one coin is all it takes to get my money back and the toned coins look cool.

P D +N.jpg

S20210819_0028.jpg

S20210819_0019.jpg

S20210819_0029.jpg

S20210819_0033.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 8/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, J P Mashoke said:

but still one coin is all it takes to get my money back

Sorry to say, but if you are hoping to get your money back out of this set any time soon you're going to have to hope that silver prices double.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, Conder101 said:

Sorry to say, but if you are hoping to get your money back out of this set any time soon you're going to have to hope that silver prices double.

No not really . But a 1945 Mercury G4 is $4 on the price guide and a 62 Roosevelt is $2.20 and 1904 G4 Penny is $ 2  .So I am close :roflmao: Not that anyone would want any of these :nyah:  

On 8/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, J P Mashoke said:

No not really . But a 1945 Mercury G4 is $4 on the price guide and a 62 Roosevelt is $2.20 and 1904 G4 Penny is $ 2  .So I am close :roflmao: Not that anyone would want any of these :nyah:  

That price guide is going to do nothing but disappoint. 45 Mercs in anything less than say VF are worth spot silver price. They are just too common and plentiful in MS. You buy a lot, and you can certainly collect what you want and makes you happy, but you will be much better served over time with fewer purchases and spending the money on a quality coin. For what you have spent on common year proof sets and items like this you could have a few really quality coins. Just something to consider but the most important thing is what do you enjoy so take this with a grain of salt. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:21 AM, J P Mashoke said:

No not really . But a 1945 Mercury G4 is $4 on the price guide and a 62 Roosevelt is $2.20 and 1904 G4 Penny is $ 2  .So I am close :roflmao:

But in the real world you would get melt value for the Barber, Mercury and silver Roosevelt and maybe 40 cents for the Indian.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, Woods020 said:

That price guide is going to do nothing but disappoint. 45 Mercs in anything less than say VF are worth spot silver price. They are just too common and plentiful in MS. You buy a lot, and you can certainly collect what you want and makes you happy, but you will be much better served over time with fewer purchases and spending the money on a quality coin. For what you have spent on common year proof sets and items like this you could have a few really quality coins. Just something to consider but the most important thing is what do you enjoy so take this with a grain of salt. 

On 8/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, Conder101 said:

But in the real world you would get melt value for the Barber, Mercury and silver Roosevelt and maybe 40 cents for the Indian.

I know it is not worth anything but melt. I mostly wanted the 1909 VDB so I bought the other stuff in hopes that looking at them under the USB Magnifier it may yield one keeper. I look at it this way in the old days I used to spend $80 or more a day on smokes, booze and scratch tickets :whistle: So when I buy junk off and on for 2,5 or $10 whenI am out looking for the good stuff, it is not that big  a deal.  And yes I do put money aside for the good stuff Woods. ;) That's why I am out there looking. 

Here’s one I bought just because, I don’t know. I like it 😃. Profound words JP. I quit cigarettes and booze and bar hopping. I can’t imagine how much money I have saved but I agree when splurging on $5-10 compulsive buys to remember and focus on the good stuff    One thing I have not experienced is waking up the next day with no money and a hangover to show for it🤪. Now I wake up with no money but something cool to show for it😃

59CD99EC-11AA-4F44-84D9-4E06DBD6C7BD.jpeg

320EDF77-302F-4A02-B5EC-EBB39F9C8C0C.jpeg

64AA7D27-9987-4E88-92C0-4F4FF7F46481.jpegMinted in Philly for Nepal. 

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 8/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I know it is not worth anything but melt. I mostly wanted the 1909 VDB so I bought the other stuff in hopes that looking at them under the USB Magnifier it may yield one keeper. I look at it this way in the old days I used to spend $80 or more a day on smokes, booze and scratch tickets :whistle: So when I buy junk off and on for 2,5 or $10 whenI am out looking for the good stuff, it is not that big  a deal.  And yes I do put money aside for the good stuff Woods. ;) That's why I am out there looking. 

I can’t argue with that haha. Much better to spend it on coins despite the condition. Enjoy the hobby that’s all that matters 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, Woods020 said:

I can’t argue with that haha. Much better to spend it on coins despite the condition. Enjoy the hobby that’s all that matters 

Oh and that $80 a day was 22 years ago.:preach:  I cant imagine how much it would be nowadays 4 packs of smokes a 30 pack of beer after the 3 hour bar tab and I probably wouldn't be here to talk about it anyway.  lol